Valentine's Day, the day of love is celebrated every year on February 14 all across the world. It is the day on which people express their love for their loved ones. February 14, which is Valentine's Day is the day of lovers but let us tell you that Valentine's Day is not restricted to lovers only. The whole week before Valentine's Day is dedicated to love. Beginning from February 7 which is Rose Day the week goes ahead to Propose Day on February 8, Chocolate Day on February 9, Teddy Day on February 10, Promise Day on February 11, Hug Day on February 12, Kiss Day on February 13 and finally comes Valentines Day on February 14. All these days make a love filled week and give people plenty of opportunities to convey their love for each other. Read on to know more about these days.
- Since time immemorial roses have been a symbol of love and passion. The first day of the love week has been dedicated to this magnificent flower and named the Rose Day. The colour of the rose that you are giving also holds special significance in the following way-
- Red Roses: Red roses can be given to the spouse, and lover. If you are about to propose ,a bunch of red roses is sure to give the hint a big way.
- Pink Roses: If you are not sure how your crush feels then present him/her with a pink rose. They also stand for friendship and thus thing will not seem awkward if your crush does not feel the same way.
- Mixed Bunch: If you know a friend who needs some cheering up. A bunch of roses of mixed colours should do the trick.
- This day is important for those who want to take their relationship to the next level. So, if the pink rose has been accepted by your crush, then it is the perfect day to say the three magical words “I Love You”. If you are already an official couple and you want to pop the question then this the day to ask “Will you marry me”. Keep this moment intimate and alive.
- The time to begin pampering your love starts today. Bring more sweetness into your relationship by gifting your love with some exotic chocolates. Relish it together as you take an intimate walk in the park or along the lake in your neighbourhood.
- Soft toys, especially teddy bears are symbolic of affection. Gift your love with a teddy bear to reconfirm that the love you feel also has copious amounts of affection in it.
- It is the time to cherish the love you have for each other by sealing the relationship with the promise to love forever. You can write a note, or give a small memento in the way of promise.
- A hug is magical. It can express love a thousand words cannot sometimes. On this day hug your love and let the hug linger. As you hold him/her close, they will know how you really feel.
- On the eve of Valentine’s Day kissing your love will express your feelings. Do not hesitate, and celebrate your love with this beautiful gesture.
- The day you have been waiting for has finally arrived. Celebrate it with your love. Spend time with each other, have a romantic candlelight dinner, go for a drive or do anything that you love doing together to celebrate this glorious day.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!