There is another harvest season and its time to thank God for plentiful crop for the year and pray for the same for the coming year.
Prepare tantalizing and mouthwatering dishes for Thanksgiving Recipes. Tickle taste buds of your family, friends and relatives with spicy food for the evening and have a fun filled and tasty Thanksgiving Celebration party Razzle and dazzle every one with your own exquisite cuisine for the Harvest Festival. Delight your guests with these savoring hotties right from main course to desserts. Here we have for you some luscious and scrumptious dishes to choose from:
Thanksgiving Main Dish
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 pounds whole turkey
Fill the bottom of a pot with a 5 pound bag of charcoal. The turkey should be washed and stuffed with onion. Wash the exterior of the turkey with salt and pepper. Now place the turkey in a deep aluminum roasting pan and then the pan on the grill's grate. Remember to pour wine on the turkey and cover up the turkey with foil. Grill the turkey for 60 to 90 minutes and cook it till you might feel it to be tasty.
Cranberry Apple Pie
- Pie crust - 1
- Sliced and peeled apples - 4
- Granulated sugar - 2 cups
- Cranberries - 2 cups
- All-purpose flour - 2 cups
- Cinnamon - 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 1 cup
- Chopped pecans - 1 cup
- Heat the oven to 375 degree Celsius. Keep the pie crust in the 9-inch glass pan for one crust filled the pie.
- Take a large bowl and mix apple and cranberries together.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining ingredients. (except butter and pecans)
- Now, mix all the ingredients together.
- Add dry fruits if you want and toss them to mix them. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- In another small bowl, mix all toppings except butter and pecans.
- Take a fork or a pastry blender and cut the butter. Stir in pecans and sprinkle evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the apples get tender. Also, check topping and crust are both golden brown. After 15 minutes of baking, cover the edge of the crust with strips of foil so that the pie may not turn excessive brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream to enrich the taste.
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) fresh turkey
- Peanut oil (about 3 gallons)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Thanksgiving Side Dish
Truffled Cheese Mash
- 2 1/2 pounds large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces white truffle butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces .
- Add the potatoes and garlic to a large, deep saucepan, cover with water and add 2 large pinches of salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until very tender.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream and milk in a small saucepan.
- Off the heat, add the truffle butter to melt and season with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- If the butter doesn't melt completely, heat the mixture slightly
- Drain the potatoes in a colander. With a hand mixer, beat the hot potatoes in the pot until they are broken up Add them back to the pot they were cooked in and place over low heat to dry up excess water. Once dry, turn off the heat and mash the potatoes with a with a hand mixer.
- Stir in the warm cream mixture and the truffle cheese and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat until the potatoes are thick and smooth.
- To keep the potatoes hot place them in a heatproof bowl
- In case you want to reheat it, heat it slowly, adding more truffle cream if the potatoes get too thick.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
Farro Salad with Toasted Pecans, Feta, and Dried Cherries
- salted water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Farro
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high flame.
- Add uncooked farro, and cook for 15 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well in a strainer and rinse under coldwater.
- Remove excess water, and transfer farro to a bowl.
- Add toasted chopped pecans, dried cherries, chopped scallions, chopped fresh parsley,
- Now add 2 table spoons fresh lemon juice,
- 2 table spoons olive oil,
- 1/4 teaspoon each of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Fold in crumbled feta cheese.
- Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
- frozen corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- In a pan over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
- Mix together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture.
- Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 pound sprouts, halved
- 1/2 large chopped onion,
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove to a plate, then roughly chop.
- In a pan add bacon fat, melt butter over high heat.
- Add onions and brussels sprouts and cook, stir until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, cut into sixths
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil, to coat pan
- Heat the canola oil into a pan and saute the mushrooms until soft.
- Add the fresh thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Fruited Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can (40 ounces) mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/4 cup each bourbon, brown sugar, golden raisins, shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Mix the sweet potatoes, pineapple, bourbon, brown sugar, raisins, coconut, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl. Bake it at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
Thanksgiving Vegetarian Recipe
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 carrots, grated 1 can (8 oz.)
- Crushed pineapple 2 tablespoon
Cut the squash into halves and take out the seeds. Place the same in the baking dish. Combine all the remaining ingredients and fill it into the squash cavities. Now, bake the squash at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes till the squash is tender.
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup Almonds (blanched and chopped)
- 3 Eggs (beaten well)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 teaspoon Milk
- Dash of Salt
After preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, the almonds should be toasted for 8-10 minutes till light brown color. Chop the toasted almonds. The beaten eggs and the vanilla extract should be mixed and add butter, sugar to make it fluffy. To this, add sifted flour, salt and baking powder. Combine the two mixtures to make dough. Add the almonds. Bake them at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
The oven should be preheated to 325 degrees F. Combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Cook the mixture over medium heat. Keep stirring continuously till the butter or margarine melts and the sugar dissolves. Combine the eggs, bourbon, vanilla and salt and mix well. Pour the sugar into the mixture and keep whisking. After this, stir into it the chocolate chips and pecans and pour the same into a pie shell. Then, bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes till golden.
There is another harvest season and its time to thank God for plentiful crop for the year and pray for the same for the coming year. Prepare tantalizing and mouthwatering dishes for Thanksgiving Recipes and please every one with these gift ideas. Tickle taste buds of your family, friends and relatives with spicy food for the evening and have a fun filled and tasty Thanksgiving Celebration party with Thanksgiving Gift Ideas.
Razzle and dazzle every one with your own exquisite cuisine for the Harvest Festival. Delight your guests with these savoring hotties right from main course to desserts. Here we have for you some luscious and scrumptious dishes to choose from:
The Perfect Turkey
The cuisine remains incomplete without the perfect Turkey. The various dishes that can be prepared with turkey are Turkey Pizza that can have mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, basil with tomatoes, black olive and cooked turkey for topping. Another dish can be Roasted Turkey with Butter Glaze prepared with turkey, butter, brown sugar, marjoram, lemon peel, bourbon, pepper and fresh herbs. You can even try out baked turkey with steamed rice which is relishing
The stuffed dishes can include turkey stuffed with bread, chicken broth, celery, onions, oysters and mushrooms. You can various other ingredients stuffed in turkey as per your own choice or liking.
This is for those veggie lovers. This can have Pumpkin Soup, Vegan gravy, and Vegan Pumpkin Pie.
For side dishes you can prepare Cranberry Chutney, Basic Turkey Gravy, Pineapple Cheese Salad, Sweet Potatoes and Giblet Sauce.
This can have Ice Cream Pumpkin Pie—the most traditional sweet dish; Pumpkin Cake Roll, Pumpkin and Praline Pie, Ryan's Famous Pumpkin Nut Bread and Apple Pie or Cranberry Desserts.
Dgreetings.com offers you database of tried and true, tempting and toothsome divine recipes from main course to desserts for yourself and guests. So, go ahead, make these savory dishes to enhance the party mood and give a treat to your guests. and gift ideas for this festive occasion.