Teachers' Day is celebrated every year on September 5 in India so as to commemorate the birth of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishan, the second President of the nation. Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakhrishnan was a philosopher and a great teacher whose contribution toward the Indian education system is undeniable.
Teachers' Day History
Teachers' Day has been celebrated in India since September 5, 1962. It was first observed on request by the students and friends of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishan, who wanted to celebrate his birthday. Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishan suggested that instead of celebrating his birthday, the students should observe September 5 as Teachers' Day. Since then teacher's Day celebrations are held all across India on the birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishan.
Teachers' Day Celebration Ideas
Teachers' Day is celebrated in every school and college in India. A wide range of activities are performed on this special occasion. Right from gifts, flowers, and a note of appreciation to plan a Teachers' Day party, you can do everything to show how much you appreciate all that your teachers have done for you.
Below, you will find ideas on how to celebrate Teachers' Day .
A Lovely Note Of Appreciation
- On teacher's Day 2019, you can make your teachers feel special by writing a poem on them.
- If you can't write a poem, well then a 'Thank you' note or a letter appreciating the efforts of your teachers is just ideal to make them feel how important they have been in your life.
- If you're a student, you can directly present the 'Thank you' note to your teachers or read it out in the classroom.
- If you're an adult and you'd like your teachers to know that you're thinking about them on Teachers' Day, then you may send your thank you note through email.
- You may send Teachers' Day messages on mobile and follow up with a call to show that you indeed remember them for being a wonderful teacher.
Teachers' Day Gift Ideas:
Decorate The Classrooms
- If you're in school or college and you'd like to make Teachers' Day 2019 special for your teachers, you may decorate your classroom, the staffroom and hallways in co-ordination with your seniors and juniors.
- Floral decoration is one of the best ways to delight your teachers.
- You can place a red carpet along the hallways.
- You may even create silver and golden star shaped structures and decorate them with glitters and colorful ribbons. These can be used to decorate your classroom on Teachers' Day.
- Another interesting idea to decorate your classroom is to paste collages of different photos on the walls. It's a good idea to select the photos of excursions, exhibitions and other school events.
- This will help your teachers recollect fond memories of the moments they have enjoyed being with you and your classmates.
Teachers' Day Games
You can actually have a good time playing exciting games with your teachers. Some of the games that your teachers may enjoy are
- Dumb charades
- Musical chairs
- Passing the cushion
- Guest at the Party
- Football games
- Scrabble contest
- Carom competitions
Teachers' Day Party Ideas
If you'd like to celebrate Teachers' Day in college, you can organize a party for your teachers to enjoy the day. You may choose a theme for the party, such as a retro theme, a Hollywood party theme or a jungle theme. Here are some ideas for such parties.
- Hollywood Theme Party
- Jungle Theme Party
- Retro Theme Party
Hollywood Theme Party
- A Hollywood party is one of the most interesting Teachers' Day celebration ideas.
- For such a party, you should decorate the venue with photographs of famous Hollywood actors and actresses.
- Request your teachers to dress up just as their favorite Hollywood stars have done in any of their movies.
- As part of the games, you should have a mimicry session where your teachers can imitate their favorite Hollywood stars.
- As for the food, you may arrange for sandwiches, fruit kabobs, fish roe, and a veggie tray. In addition, you may include strawberries covered with chocolates and salsa dip with crackers in your Teachers' Day party menu.
Jungle Theme Party
- If you go for a jungle theme party, well then you should use the decorations and lighting so as to create that perfect ambience for such a party. For example, you may use an animal print bandanna to cover your party tables and go for centerpieces like stuffed animals and tropical fruits. The walls can be decorated with animal print balloons.
- To match the theme of your jungle party, you can encourage your classmates to dress up as jungle characters, animals, and hunters.
- Request your teachers to come in such costumes so as to match the theme of your party.
- You may have a face painting competition where each of the participants would go for a makeover representing an animal face and the person with the best makeover will be rewarded with an exciting prize.
- Regarding the food for a jungle party, you may include sandwiches cut into zebra stripes and stuffed with turkey, tomatoes, and lettuce. In addition, you can serve coconut shrimp with mango sipping sauce. Toasted almonds and tropical fruits will add value to your jungle party food.
- As for the dessert, you can include coconut cake decorated with edible flowers or a refreshing and healthy juice made of mango, fresh lime, and pineapple.
Retro Theme Party
- In case of a retro theme party, you should use decorations that are out of the current trend.
- Lava lamps and incense burners can be used for the decor. Fake fur pillows and peace sign symbols will help add to the decorations.
- To include the retro theme, request your teachers to come in dresses that they used to wear in their college days. This will actually make them feel young and give them a chance to relive their youth.
- As for the food, you can have cheese, sauce mixes, fruits, vegetables, breads, pretzels, and chips.
Your teachers are special and they deserve your love and appreciation. So, gear up for Teachers' Day celebrations and let your teachers have a memorable experience on this day.