Passover is connected with a glut of artistic and creative activities and one of them is to make Passover crafts. The various Passover crafts could range from Pesach symbols, like Seder plates and religious signs. Keep in mind that any craft that you make for Passover should have a symbolic meaning and connect religiously. It’s not only among kids that Passover crafts are very much popular but also among people of all age groups.
So, what are you waiting for? Just try to make these fabulous Passover crafts by following the serial instructions given here –
Tissue Paper Flower Centerpiece
- Colored tissue paper sheets - 5-6
- A pair of scissors
- A pipe cleaner
- Paper cup
- Using tissue papers, cut around 10 - 12 circles, about 5” in radius
- Hold the circles together and pass the pointed end of the scissor all the way through the center.
- Allow a pipe cleaner to pass through the hole that you have made and tie a knot at its top just for the purpose of holding it in place.
- Bring up the first tissue circle to the center around the pipe cleaner knot and crease it a little to let it stand up. Repeat this process and arrange each petal. This way you can make as many flowers as you like.
- With the help of markers, decorate the paper cup.
- Put half cup water and some salt in it to let it stand in a steady manner.
- Now it’s time for you to push the pipe cleaner flowers into the sand and allow them to stand.
- This becomes a wonderful centerpiece and acts as the best Passover craft for decoration.
- A clean flower pot
- Poster paints
- Potting soil
- Seeds (sunflower seeds if you can).
- Use some creative ideas and make attractive designs on the pot with the help of poster paints. Let the paints dry.
- Now, drop the pebbles into the pot and cover it by an inch from the bottom.
- Then pour some soil on top of the pebbles.
- Pour as many seeds as you can over the soil surface and push them hard in the soil using your thumb.
- Now, after spreading them over, spray little soil over the seeds and cover them up and add little water over the seeds.
- You have to water the seeds on a regular basis whenever you find them to be dry. Using your fingertip, push an inch downwards to see whether the soil is dry. But keep in mind not to flood the seeds.
- You will find beautiful, new plants sprouting out of the seeds within a few weeks!
Paper Bag Puppets
- Lunch size paper bags
- Construction paper
- A pair of scissors
- Fabric scraps
- Beads (optional)
- You have to draw eyes or glue beads on the bottom of the bags.
- After the eyes, draw a tongue and teeth on the inner flap.
- Use scissors to cut thin strips out of the construction paper.
- Now, use glue to make eye lashes out of the black strips that you just made.
- Now, make the eyes under the flap.
- For making the hair, use yarn and use the buttons and fabric scraps to make clothes for the puppet.
- You can also use the markers or the crayons to decorate the puppet further.