Chocolate fudge Cookies
- 1 pound butter
- 1 ¾ pound sugar
- 2 teaspoonfuls of baking soda in a pint of milk
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- Add flour enough to roll
- Mix the butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add the milk and baking soda.
- Then beat three eggs and grate in one nutmeg.
- Rub in a heaping tablespoon of caraway seed.
- Add flour and shape it into 1 inch balls.
- Bake immediately in a quick oven.
- 2 pounds (12 to 15-count) shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tsps prepared horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in one layer.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the sauce, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Serve as a dip with the shrimp.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly black pepper
- 1 pound manchego cheese, cubed
- 10 large or colossal green olives
- 10 large or colossal black olives
- 1/2 pound serrano ham, thinly sliced
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the olives.
- Mix flour, garlic powder and chili powder together and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour eggs into another dish, and bread crumbs with ground black pepper into a third.
- Roll the olives in the flour, then roll them in the beaten egg and finally roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Set on a plate while the oil heats.
- Fry it until golden brown, then remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve on a platter with Manchego cheese cubes and slices of serrano ham.
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- Red & yellow pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chilies
- Black-eyed peas
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Mix the finely chopped, yellow & red peppers, onion, chilies, black-eyed peas, parsley & garlic together in a large bowl.
- Whip the red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar together.
- Gradually add the olive oil to thoroughly blend with the vinegars.
- Stir in the cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover & refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the crumbled bacon.
Black Forest Cake
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1cup brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- ½ cup cherry liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease & flour the cake pans.
- Prepare sour milk by combining milk & vinegar.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, coffee and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in the sour milk and gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake layers to cool completely.
- Combine the cherry pie filling and cherry liquor.
- Refrigerate the cherry mixture to fill the cake.
Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tsp butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with water. Bring the water to a boil until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into the large chunks.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add syrup, sugar and coconut together over a low heat. Cook & stir the mixture for 3-5 min.
- sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 5-7 min, until top is lightly browned.
Black-Eyed Peas and Sausage
- 1 lb chopped white onions
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lbs boiled salt pork
- 1 lbs hot smoked sausage
- ½ lb dried black-eyed peas
- 1 lbs rice
- Stir fry onions, pepper, garlic and parsley in Dutch oven with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add salt meat, sausage, black-eyed peas and rice.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Mix the mixture well, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minutes before serving.
Last Updated: 24th December, 2018