The two things that immediately flash in our mind when we think of celebrating the grand occasion of New Year in London are 'party' and 'parade'. The celebration of New Year in London started about 400 years ago. Initially the priests protested against the Celebration but gradually they were persuaded by the common mass to concede to it.
New Year's Day Parade in London
- The New Year's Day parade in London is the biggest street event of its kind. The special purpose of this parade is a noble cause.
- Representatives from each London region are encouraged to take part in this parade and collect funds to support the charities all over London. It is also performed to honor the heroic efforts of the individuals from each borough.
New Year Parties in London
- The New Year parties in London are always celebrated in style to mark the festive mood of this occasion. London has some of the top-class bars and pubs where you can intoxicate yourselves with the New Year fever.
- The elite crowd of the city will make you indulge in a glamorous New Year fervor that you have never experienced before. Some of the happening places in London during New Year Parties are:
- Medieval Banquet
- Thistle Hotel
- The Orient Express
- Radisson Hotel
- Studio 54 - Battersea Park