Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
On this second Sunday of May make it the most memorable one for your mother by organizing a remarkable Mother's Day celebration for her. Whether you have decided to shower her with gifts or organize a party for her, following are some Mothers Day ideas to the make it the most special one for her on Mother's Day
Make Her A Breakfast
- All through the year she had prepared your breakfast and packed your lunch boxes and so you can surprise her by making a breakfast for her on her special day. You can find many easy breakfast recipes for the Mother's Day on the websites. Choose a recipe that suits you.
Bed Side Surprise
- Let the celebration begin in the morning. Pack a small gift, a rose and a card carrying you message and place all these in the bed side table of her while she is sleeping.
- Make sure that she finds them as the first thing in the morning and when she has opened her gift and read the card storm in the room to wish her happy Mother's Day.
- Does your mother love adventure? Send her on a treasure hunt around the house by hiding small gifts at places that she visits the most.
- She will find clues with each discovery that will direct her to her big surprise – it can be her family and children waiting for her with a big Mother's Day cake.
Surprise Dinner At Restaurant
- When she returns home after work start complaining that you are tired of home cooked food.
- Then take her to her favorite restaurant where you have made some prior arrangements with the manager to make it a special moment for her, like you can ask for a menu card that will list all her favorite dishes and read happy Mother's Day.
Mother's Day Movies
If your mom is a movie buff than the best gift for her would be a bunch of Mother's Day movies.
Following is a list of some all time great movies that you can watch with your mother on Mother's Day.
- Calendar Girls
- Freaky Friday
- Terms of endearment
- Anywhere but here
- Steel magnolias
Thank You Flowers For Her
- Place a stick of carnation or a rose, with a thank you mom message, at different places around the house so that she can find them while dealing with household chores like the note in the kitchen cabinet can read ‘thank you mom for cooking those delicious meals every day', or the note in your cupboard can read ‘thank you mom for washing my clothes and folding them'. This is one simple but sentimental gift idea for your mom.
Home Coming Surprises
- What can be a better surprise for a mother of grown up kids than finding her kids at home on Mother's Day? Arrange for a surprise get together for your mother's place.
- You can also bring her some nostalgic gifts like a collage of your baby pictures, school functions, award winning, graduation day or wedding photos and your gift will be the happiness in her eyes.