Graduation is always a momentous occasion and graduation parties are a must. The key is planning your graduation party to make the graduate the center of attention. After choosing the theme, venue, and food, its time for decorations. If you give a little thought to the decorations for graduation party, you can make the venue come alive.
Here are a few suggestions on how to decorate the graduation party.
- Graduation being a theme in itself, graduation caps and diplomas can be incorporated into all of your decorations.
- You can celebrate your graduate's accomplishments as part of your decorations with photos, newspaper clips, and trophies set around the party in a beautiful way.
- The budget, the party location, the theme (if any)
- The degree of the decoration (either making big impact or something subdued), giving party a personal touch or keeping it formal
- Deciding on reliable suppliers and finally, making a decoration list is a must.
You could base your decorating around the school colors. Most color schemes are built around one or two main colors. You can add a little splashes of black, white, silver or gold that will definitely not detract from your main color choice infact it will give it a more dramatic effect.
A graduation banner outside your home or the main entrance of the venue is one of the must have graduation party decorations. It's a great way to welcome your guests and proudly announce the graduation to your neighbors and visitors.
Decorate the table with a nice crisp white tablecloth that looks great with a scattering of metallic confetti over it and maybe even a metallic fringe skirt.
- For a kindergarten graduation using seamless paper for a table cover is an excellent idea.
- Simply add a jar of pens to the center of the table and guests can doodle till their hearts content.
For a centerpiece you can use graduation centerpieces to highlight the occasion. They would look even better with a few sprinkles of sparkling confetti scattered across the table!
Some other decoration tips
- Great way of getting your guests in the party mood is to give them some jazzy looking graduation year glasses. They also look fabulous in photos.
- Glow bracelets are quite a hit with kids. They interconnect and it's amazing to watch what the kids can come up with them.
- Balloons and streamers are great way to say "The Party is Here" like no other graduation party decorations can and there is so much you can do with them.
Heres a tip- Tie 2 or 3 balloons in contrasting colors with the graduate's photos together with some metallic curling ribbon and attach them to various places around your home or venue.
- Another graduation party decorations idea is to buy letter balloons - these are white balloons with individual bold black letters on them. Intersperse them with other colors to create a dazzling message.
- Create some excitement with a balloon tube-shower your guests with balloons by pulling on the attached cord to release the balloons. The plastic tube holds up to 300 9” balloons.
- Make your yearbook the a la carte for your graduation party.
- Hang 'diplomas' from the ceiling.
- Create cool personalized banners having graduation as a theme.
- Fix cutouts of boys and girls in their graduation regalia.
- Decorate for your graduation party with our colorful 24" metallic swirls, a perfect addition to your graduation party decorations.
- There are lovely graduation cap lights and graduation tinsel. Use these to decorate a tree in your garden or even a large plant inside.
Unique Graduation Party Decoration Ideas
- School Mascot Decor
- Graduation Year Balloons
- Diploma Note Jar
- Graduation Cap Treats
- Popcorn Bar
- Black and White Table Decor
- Graduation Cupcake Tower
- Easy Grad Inspired Desserts
- Sport themed Party
- Ice Cream Tasting Bar
- Football Guest Book
- BBQ Theme
- Graduation Year Centerpiece