||Tropical drinks are drinks which are made out of a fresh fruit or a combination of fresh fruits and is generally alcoholic. However non-alcoholic tropical drinks too have gained popularity off late. Hawaii is famous for its tropical drinks. Lets take a look at some recipes for Tropical drinks-:
Strawberry Daiquiri (Alcoholic Tropical Drink)
- 2 oz White Rum
- ½ oz Cointreau
- 6 Ripe Strawberries
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- ½ tsp superfine sugar
- Blend all ingredients together until strawberries are ground.
- Add two cups of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cocktail glass. Serve with an umbrella straw.
Piña Colada (Alcoholic/Non-Alcoholic)
Piña Colada is now known around the world as a symbol of the Tropics. The name evokes thoughts of palm trees, sandy beaches, hula dances, lelolais, and all sorts of exotic, romantic happenings. Do not add the rum and what you will have is what is known as Virgin Piña Colada, a non alcoholic tropical drink.
- 8 (fl oz) Pineapple juice (preferably, of course, pineapple chunks from a fresh pineapple)
- 8 (fl oz) Coconut cream (available canned under several brand names. The best known is Coco Lopez, Real Cream of Coconut.
- 6 ounces Rum
- 3 to 4 cups of Ice
- Slices of pineapple, orange or lime
- Paper umbrellas
- In a blender, grind ice while gradually adding the pineapple, coconut cream and rum.
- Alternatively, use shaved ice. The ice should be thick enough to hold a cherry on top without sinking in.
- Serve in a tall glass with a straw. Garnish with one cherry and a slice of fruit.
- Insert a paper umbrella for that additional tropical, exotic touch.
Pineapple Iced Tea (non alcoholic)
- 6 tea bags
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups boiling water
- Fresh mint
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 5 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Place tea bags and sugar in a 2-quart pitcher and Add 4 cups of boiling water.
- Steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Steep fresh mint leaves in tea for at least 3 minutes. Remove mint leaves.
- Add lemon and pineapple juices.
- Fill the pitcher with cold water.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with pineapple and fresh mint leaves.