||Let's face it, Snacks for a growing kid is more like a fourth meal. They need that extra lift every afternoon. The challenge for you as a parent is to ensure that they stay away from the pre-packaged cookies and cheerios. Serve healthy food, sneak fresh fruits and vegetables into the old favorites, shakes, sandwiches and dips. Here are some interesting Fun Snacks for kids.
|Banana Pops (Serves 6)
Most kids wouldn’t eat a Banana if you just placed it in front of them instead try this recipe and modify the bananas into banana pops they’ll devour it!
- 3 bananas
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or walnuts, granola, crispy rice cereal or sunflower seeds
- Peel the bananas. Cut them in half, widthwise, and push a Popsicle stick through the cut end of each half.
- Spread peanut butter on the bananas, roll them in the nuts, cereal or seeds.
- Wrap them in waxed paper and freeze for 3 hours
This recipe is not only nutritious for kids but also yummy to long for more and more...
Bite-Sized Sandwiches-: (Serves 2)
Kids tend to feel overwhelmed if you load up their snack plates with too much food. They eat better when they are offered bite-sized food. So when selecting fun snacks for kids one should always keep in mind the right thing to serve at the right time.
- 2 slices of Ham
- 2 slices low-fat cheese
- 12 mini crackers, such as Ritz Bits
- Cut ham and cheese into small rounds the size of the mini crackers.
- Place a ham round on six of the crackers, then add the cheese.
- Cover each with another cracker.
Sea Shells (Serves 4)
- 8 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup tuna or egg salad filling
- ˝ cup grated cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta shells. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Fill each shell with tuna or egg salad, sprinkle with grated cheese, if desired.