||Frozen drinks work a marvel on a hot summer day. Perfect to serve to the kids when they get home from school (I mean the non-alcoholic variety), and excellent for a summer grill party. They are perfectly easy to make at home, Take a look at some Popular frozen drinks recipes.
|Frozen Margarita (alcoholic)
Margarita has always been a popular cocktail. Now try this frozen version, I’m sure you’ll like it just as much, maybe even more.
*Triple Sec means "Triple distilled", it is a strong, sweet and colorless orange flavored liqueur. It is made from the dried peel of oranges found on Curacao, an island in the Caribbean. Curacao, Grand Marnier and Cointreau are popular triple secs.
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 3 oz white tequila
- 1 oz triple sec*
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place salt in a saucer. Rub rim of a cocktail glass with lime wedge and dip glass into salt to coat rim thoroughly, reserve lime.
- Pour tequila, triple sec, limejuice, and crushed ice into a blender.
- Blend well at high speed.
- Pour into a cocktail glass.
Bailey’s Shake (alcoholic)
Another classic cocktail which has been modified into a frozen drink.
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- ¾ cup milk
- Bailey's® Irish cream
- Pour all ingredients (bailey's to taste) into a blender and puree for several seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
Chocolate Fudge Shake (non alcoholic)
This frozen fudge shake is perfect for the kiddies.
- 8 oz half-fat milk
- 2 scoops ice cream
- Whipped cream
- 1 chocolate fudge brownie
- 1 oz flaked chocolate
Frozen Strawberry Banana colada (non alcoholic)
- Combine the milk, ice cream and brownie in a blender and blend for at least 30 seconds.
- Let the froth settle before pouring into a tall glass.
- Add a mountain of whipped cream to the top and scatter the flaked chocolate onto the top.
A good way to get the kids to down some fresh fruit.
- 2 oz coconut cream
- 2 oz strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 8 oz crushed ice
- Combine ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with a fresh strawberry, and serve.