"Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends"
~ Mary Catherwood ~
We all have a lot of friends, but do we have that true blue friend?
Do we have a friend to whom we can say anything to, whether it always makes sense or not?
True friendship is something very special. The ones who are fortunate enough to have a true friend know how spectacular it is. When we were children we used to write essays describing our true friends.
The descriptions were mostly of the person sitting beside us or someone who gave us a tempting chocolate on that day! However as we have grown up we have seen the meaning of friendship change and develop before our eyes. If we were to describe a true friend now, it would probably be someone who we think of as our best friend.
This true friend is someone who occupies a permanent space in our hearts.
- The depth and degree of this friendship does not change with number of meetings or gifts exchanged.
- The bond shared between true best friends is a very strong bond of love. This bond may never break in the toughest of situations, yet sometimes a small gust of wind can sever these ties, making them seem as fragile as silk threads.
- "In friendship I early was taught to believe; . . . . I have found that a friend may profess, yet deceive." These are the views of Lord Byron, and this is what can break a true friendship.
- Deceit and dishonesty are the elements that can shatter the purest of friendships. This is something we must always remember, as there is no actual need to lie to true friends. The truest of friends will always love you for what you are.
True Friends Quotes
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
- A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
- In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge.
- Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
- There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.
- The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.
- Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
- No friendship is an accident.
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
- A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.
- Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau
- Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
- I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
- True friends are always together in spirit.
- When twilight drops her curtain down And pins it with a star Remember that you have a friend Though she may wander far.
True Friendship Messages
1.) It's amazing the fact that you arrived just when I need you, as if we were mentally connected and you come to my aid. You do understand me.
2.) A friend like you is more worthy than all the gold in the world, because you always worry about me and even in the worst times of my life you never leave me alone.
3.) Life without you? Actually I can't imagine what it would be, because you are always with me, you're like my guardian angel and above all a very fun and responsible friend. I love you.
4.)You and me are together at any time and we get along so well that people ask if we are sisters, but really that's how you feel because the bond of friendship between us is very strong, we will always be friends.
5.) Keep me as a friend and I will keep you in my heart and lock it up. I'll throw away the key so that no one can take you away from me.
6.) Maybe, I don't really know you that well. I don't know how you exactly act, but those things will not keep me away from you. Coz those are my reasons why I'm here... to know you much better.
7.) You do so much for me, my friend. I am truly blessed to have the friendship of someone as amazing as you. You are part of my life.