A father is a guide, a teacher, and a friend to his child. He is the man who loves his children enough to allow them to make mistakes, so that they can learn a lesson from them. A father is someone who does the right thing rather than the easy thing, and learns to say "No" when it is required. A father is someone who resists the urge to catch you before you fall. Instead he picks you up after you fall, and allows you to try all over again. Yes, there is no doubt about the fact that a dad is indeed a gift from God Himself.
Fathers are unique, and the reason for fun and laughter at home. No matter how old they get, dads retain that boyish and playful streak, which allows them to let the child take a ride on the shopping cart in the mall, or even try a hand at driving as they sit on his lap holding the steering wheel. It is not that he is not scared for you. He is. But he also knows it is important to let you grow up. Fathers are just like mothers. Their love for the children is as unconditional and as subliminal as a mother's. Dads love their children even when they are at their worst. Loving is not an option for them. When he is correcting your mistakes it is not because it irks him; it is because he wants you to be a better human being.
Father's Day is a day for family. It is the day when children living with parents do special things to honour their dads. Children living away try and be with their dad on that day or at least make the day special through phone calls and gifts.
1. If he is interested in sports, get ticket for a sports event and go along with him to watch it. It need not be on the same day. Remember, the gesture is more important.
2. If your father plays any game, join him that day for a game. It can be a round of golf, tennis, badminton etc. Sweat it out together and see the bond getting stronger.
3. Boys will be boys. Take your father to an amusement park and see the thrill that he feels. You will be amazed at how much he enjoys it.
4. If you are girl, you can take your father for paintball or bowling. Let the warrior in him find a space, and there is nothing like a little friendly battle of generations to express love.
5. Go Karting is another fun option to spend the day with your dad. Let him forget about the inhibitions of family safety and go wild with speed on the tracks.
1. Make a scrap book with memories penned down and pictures of some of your precious moments of togetherness.
2. Personalised t shirts, coffee mugs, photo frames, accessories with the message "the best dad in the world"
3. Books are anyone's best friends. If you can lay your hands on the paperback edition of a book your father wants to read or loves reading time and again, then nothing like it.
4. Buy him the membership to a gym. Help him keep fit.
5. Book a day at the spa for him. He will love being pampered.
6. Sponsor a "boys day out" of your father along with his friends to any place of their choice.
1. Convert any plastic box, like chocolate boxes, into a tool box complete with nuts, bolts and a small screw driver, which he will surely find handy next time your mom calls out to fix a leaking tap.
2. Make a homemade car wash kit with all the supplies in one place. You can use a small cardboard box, cover it with a colourful paper, decorate it with glitters, and put the supplies in it.
3. Make your own atlas tea coasters. Cut small circles from a cardboard. Take an old atlas and cut out the places that your dad has been to or wants to go in the same circular shape and size. Stick them onto the cut out card oard pieces. Your dad will just love them.
4. Take an old cloth hanger. Fix hooks in a row at the lower rung of the hanger. This can be used by your dad to hang ties.
1. Book a day in a resort, away from the mundane surroundings of the four walls. Join your father along with the entire family, and spend the day doing things together.
2. If you have a family home, call the entire family, including the extended family, for a day over, to be with your dad. Spend the time playing family games, singing the favourite family songs, watching old classics with your dad on TV, cooking his favourite meal, eating together and ending the day with a long drive with the entire family and maybe having a milk shake.
I want to thank you for so many things.
But then the list would be endless.
So I just want to thank you for being my dad.
Happy Father's Day!
The man I am going to marry can only be a prince in my life.
You will always remain the king.
Happy Father's Day!
I hope it is not too late,
but I want to thank you for correcting me when you did.
For I am in a lovely place today because of your corrections.
Thank You Dad.
Happy Father's Day!!
4. You give me new perspective on conversations and have a strong influence over my thoughts... I owe you my success.
Happy Father's Day
5. The irreplaceable life lessons I live by...are all your giving... my mentor, my motivation and my deepest root;
My Dad... Love You.
6. You are with me for every step I take... Your footprints are etched upon my heart...Love You Dad