Diwali, the festival of lights is one of the most widely celebrated festivals of India. As the country wears the resplendent colors of Diwali, step into the festive spirit and make this Diwali the most beautiful, lighted and bright festival of all. Diwali or Deepavali is the occasion when you'd like to illuminate the lives of your dear ones and show your love and affection by gifting presents that they'll treasure forever.
Below, you'll find ideas on what kind of gifts can be offered to your dear ones on the occasion of Diwali
Diwali Gift Ideas For Family
- An ideal option for Diwali gift can be the Joyous Diwali gift ideas set, which has something for our parents.
- You can yourself prepare this Delicious Handmade Chocolates gift or you can get it from the market. In this gift you can have a pack of delicious chocolates, pack of sweets, Ganesha and Lakshmi idols, box of almonds and some showpieces.
- A gift of jewelry is traditional and much appreciated gift for mom on any occasion.
- On Diwali you may go in for diamond, gold, pearl or silver jewelry items like necklace, earrings, bracelets or bangles depending on your budget.
- You may go in for fashion jewelry which is a rage amongst women across the globe.
- The men have their own bit of jewelry too, a classy ring or a fancy watch.
- Sweets are an appropriate gift for this occasion. Each year on Diwali sweetshops go into a frenzy in keeping with the festive season, so you are sure to find a wide variety of sweets to choose from.
- Instead of sticking to just one sweet you could have them prepare a platter, which contains little pieces of different kinds of sweets. Regardless of what you choose, it is sure to be a lip-smacking, special Diwali gift.
- Ideas for gifts on diwali
- Gift to your friends and family, It's a unique gift idea.
- Ideal for corporate gifting
Diwali Gift Ideas for Grandparents
Divinity Diwali Gifts for Grandparents
- On this sacred festival, your grandparents are bound to love Divinity gifts. A small silver or gold idol of Lord Ganesha is like a good luck charm and will make a most appropriate gift for your grandparents as it conveys just the right message to them, that you will be there whenever they may need you and your feeling of gratitude at the same time.
Gold or Silver Coins
- In Indian Religious tradition, gold and silver coins play a rather important role. They adorn the 'Thali' used for 'Pooja' (prayer ritual) at almost every festival. Gifting a Gold or Silver coin is a sign of your wishes that the Goddess Lakshmi (Goddess of Wealth) will bestow her blessings upon the benefactor of your generosity.
- And many a times these Gold or Silver Coins end up becoming family heirlooms as they are passed down from generation to generation. Definitely a great Diwali Gift ideas for your grandparents.
Diwali Gift Ideas For Kids
- Don't you remember how when you were small, your soft toy was your most important friend in the world. Well its same with the kids these days, they see images of Calvin and Hobbes and want their own little Hobbes. The Soft toys you buy could depend on your kid's choice, does he like animals, would he prefer clowns or regular action figures, and girls may prefer dolls. Soft toys are a safe choice of a gift for a kid. Remember to buy the one's which are for their age group.
- Books are considered one of the best gift items.Select the book according to the age of the kid. It can be anything starting from a rhyme book to a poetry book to develop their literary senses.
- You can also go for the books suiting their hobbies like fairy tale books, recipe books, artwork, drawing and activities. These kinds of books attract small kids.
- You can also give them some of the famous classics like "Cinderella", "Sleeping Beauty", and "Snow-white", "Little Red Riding Hood", "Alice In Wonderland" and "Gulliver's Travels".
Diwali Gift Ideas for Friends
- Being an embellishment in itself these hanging bells are perfect to add a charming look to the festive decorations.
- Portraying the splendid artwork of 'Papier Mache' these exquisitely hand painted bells are decked with fancy threads to hang at the top and are available in a set of three.
- Anything else that you feel your friend is bound to love.
- Personalize your gifts if possible, for instance if you are gifting you friend a book, scribble a personal message into it
Diwali Corporate Gift Ideas
Diwali Gift your business associates and employees with delicious sweets like Gulab Jamun,
Son Papdi, Kaju Katli, Pista Barfi, Rasgulla and Panjeeri Ladoo .These delicious treats can surely add sweetness in your relationship with your clients and employees.
It is the best Diwali corporate gift. It can stored for a long period. Dry fruits are enjoyed in winter season and Diwali marks the beginning of winter.
- The gleam of candles along with the glowing lights of the diyas adds sparkles of joy in everyone's life. So, brighten up this joyous occasion by gifting your loved ones a set of colorful scented candles that are shaped like flowers.
- Designer candles placed within a bunch of red and pink roses and green fillers can make a perfect gift for this festive occasion.
- One of the Diwali gift ideas that your dear ones may appreciate is a set of gel glass candles that come in multiple colors like red, blue, green, and purple. Wish that the divine light of happiness shines on your loved one's life by gifting these attractive candles.
- An interesting gift for Diwali colored candle that's supported by a wrought iron candle holder with an attached mirror. Let your dear ones light up this candle and add glow to their celebrations.
- A fancy wax candle along with two small wax candles placed in a designer box can make an adorable gift for D. The designer box may be decorated with artificial flowers and leaves.
Gifting your employees a set of colorful diyas on the occasion of Diwali is quite obvious. You may choose a set of sunflower shaped diyas made of terracotta. They are hand-painted and decorated with glitters to give them a festive look. Instead of sunflower diyas, you may go for matka diyas which are elegantly decorated with zari and mirror work. Such diyas are usually filled with wax instead of oil.
An interesting idea for Diwali gifts for clients and employees is a set of diyas, which comes with antique designs and an idol of Lord Ganesha fixed to it. The set includes seven diyas that are just ideal to perform a puja on this auspicious occasion.
Devotional Diwali Gifts Ideas
- Exquisite Ganesha brass bells carry the bejeweled carved image of Lord Ganesha at the center.
- Ganesha brass bells can be hanged on the doors or walls to welcome gracefully the positive vibes on this festive occasion.
- Alternatively you can also choose to gift a small silver or gold Ganesha idol, as it is considered to be a most auspicious gift almost like a Hindu lucky charm
Lakshmi On A Lotus
- It is a tradition to commemorate Goddess Lakshmi on the eve of Diwali through the means of Lakshmi Puja. So go ahead and gift the idol of Goddess Lakshmi seated on a lotus flower to your loved ones this Diwali, so that they can also get a beautiful and graceful picture of Goddess Lakshmi and can honor her in their own ways. Since Lakshmi is the Goddess of Wealth and prosperity, it is considered a very propitious gift. Giving an idol of Goddess Lakshmi is like blessing someone with endless success and happiness.
Silver and Gold Coins
- It is common practice for Hindu families to exchange gold/silver coins with one another, they are one of the most traditional devotional gifts.
- Since these coins usually have the image of Lakshmi or Ganesha on them, they are considered extremely lucky and are placed at the feet of the idols during the Diwali Puja. Usually weighing about 10 grams, these coins end up like family heirlooms as they are passed on from one generation to the other.
Thali and Silver Utensils
- It is considered auspicious to gift Thalis and utensils, as it is part of Diwali customs to purchase these things anyways.
- Wide variety of Thalis available these days range from the ornate to the simple brass ones.
- Pick a brass one with Rajasthani motifs for its unparalleled excellence. If you buy utensils for someone, make sure they are silver.
Diwali Silver Gift Ideas
Silver Pooja Thali
- Embellished with beautiful designs this silver Thali helps one perform Pooja with great style and grandeur. The Thali contains all the essential accessories for a Pooja, a silver bell, small silver katori, a silver kalash, a silver 'Om' coin and a leaf shaped silver box for roli chawal.
- A precious and spiritual gift item for your near and dear ones. This will make for a perfect devotional gift because for one it is considered auspicious to gift gold and silver on Diwali and for another, the Pooja Thali is the most important accessory of the Diwali Pooja.
- Bring home the marvelous pair in silver and add to the Diwali celebrations! The divine couple Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi look their best sitting on a deity stand, bringing charm and grace to your mandir.
- It is extremely propitious to make a gift of silver or gold idol of Ganesha and Lakshmi because firstly, silver is a Hindu lucky charm and secondly Lord Ganesha, the remover of all obstacles and Goddess Lakshmi, goddess of wealth and prosperity, are widely worshipped in Hindu homes during the Diwali season. So be wise and make this gift to your family today!
- The exquisite 10 grams silver medallion with the image of seated Lakshmi and Ganesha is a 99.9% pure silver coin certified by India's leading trading company MMTC.
- Coin is embedded in a diary shaped hard glossy paper that carries a printed Ganesha Stuti. Besides this a red colored elegant case with an image of Ganesha is provided to protect the coin from any damage.
- A Silver coin is traditionally placed in the Puja Thali on Diwali day because it is believed that by doing so the house will be blessed with wealth and prosperity. A silver coin is also without question the most popular Diwali gift
Other common Diwali presents
Since Diwali is the time to dress up in new clothes, get your loved ones a set of apparels that'll make them look elegantand graceful. Be it dresses for men or women, you can go for something traditional when selecting an apparel for your dear ones.
Home Decor Items:
Diwali is the time when houses are decorated and revamped to give them a festive look. So, home decor items are something that your friends and family would love to receive on this occasion.
You may choose a wall hanging with a background print of Shubh Labh, which has the idols of Lakshmi and Ganesha attached to it. Artistically crafted colored torans embellished with flowers, leaves, and Lakshmi-Ganesha motifs can make a beautiful door hanging item.
A toran crafted with a series of multi-colored glass beads help create a fantastic effect when used as a home decor item.
Such torans may have golden globules, tinkling bells, and traditional motifs dangling at the bottom. Gift this door hanging to your dear ones and wish them a Diwali that would bring peace and prosperity in their lives.
Diwali Gift Hampers:
Spread happiness and cheer among your friends and family by offering them Diwali gift hampers. You may go for a hamper including candies, assorted chocolates, snacks, and sweets like rasgullas and gulab jamuns. A pack of chocolates, aromatic candles, and a set of diyas can make a good combo pack for Deepavali gifts.
One of the exciting Diwali gift hampers is a pack of dry fruits, sweets, a mini puja thali with incense sticks, and a Diwali greetings card.
An impressive gift hamper may be one that includes a silver-plated aluminum thali with the Swastika sign, a set of hand-painted terracotta diyas, and a decorated coconut. The hamper may have other items like a colorful garland, haldi, cotton seeds, moli thread, and a supari.
One of the Diwali gift ideas, which may delight your family and friends, is a hamper that includes metallic print cushion covers and aesthetically crafted terracotta vases designed with Madhubani painting.
Such a hamper may also include a set of colorful floral diyas filled with eco-friendly paraffin wax.
Enthroned Lakshmi Idol
The exquisite brass idol of Lakshmi is seated on a throne with her four arms signifying the omnipresence of goddess. An ornate bracket embellishes her image.
Each side of the bracket carries an image of peacock with vivid engravings. Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of material and spiritual prosperity is considered to bring good luck. Consort of Vishnu, her name is derived from the Sanskrit word 'Lakshya' meaning 'aim' or 'goal'.
Her four hands represent the four ends of human life: dharma or righteousness, Kama or desires, artha or wealth, and moksha or liberation from the cycle of birth and death. She is especially worshipped during Diwali to invoke her blessings.
This limited edition specially handcrafted Mandir is made in the style of traditional temple architecture. The graceful canopy shelters the carved wooden Ganesha idol.
The polished Kadam wood glows with the radiance of Ganesha, the remover of obstacles and symbol of wisdom, prosperity and success.
The finely carved Ganesha idol raises his right hand in a gesture of blessing. This auspicious Mandir, placed in your home or office, is sure to bring you good fortune. Let Ganesha's auspicious presence bless your life.
This marble Thali has a border that is beautifully decorated with Rajasthani work in 24-carat gold. The marble
Thali is accompanied by silver images of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha and lightweight utensils in silver, to fulfill all your prayer needs. There is a prayer bell, a lota, a holder for incense sticks, two katoris and a diya, all made of silver, to complete your set of prayer items. It's the perfect gift for an auspicious occasion, or at any time of the year.
This mini incense set has a ceramic small stand for both sticks and cones. There are 12 different fragrances with each one individually wrapped in plastic sheet.
Fragrances like - almond, jasmine, peppermint, rose, coconut, lavender, lotus, opium, sandalwood, strawberry, vanilla and pineapple will enhance your 'Puja ghar' with divine aromas. A perfect gift for Diwali!