Chinese New Year is a time to celebrate and the festivity is brought about the different Chinese New Year recipes. Delicious and tasty, all these New Year recipes is worth a try.
Chinese Fried Rice
- 1 cups white rice
- 1 bunch of spring onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 green capsicum chopped
- 100 grams fresh beans
- 100 grams cabbage
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp Ajenomoto
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Cook rice with little salt till tender
- Peel and cut carrots, beans, spring onions, capsicum, and cabbage into small pieces
- Heat oil, add diced vegetables and fry in the sauce pan for 6-7 minutes
- Add Ajenomoto, soya sauce and vinegar and stir
- Cook for another minute
- Add rice and mix well and continuously sauté in medium heat
- Top with scrambled eggs with salt or small pieces of chicken fried with little salt.
- Serve hot
- 400 grams fresh noodles
- 5-6 cups of water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 cup thinly sliced veg (cabbage, carrot, beans, capsicum)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 4 tsp oil
- 2 stalk Celery (sliced)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- ½ tsp Ajenomoto
- Boil water with some salt and little oil
- Add noodles and cook
- Drain immediately and cool under running water till noodles are thoroughly cooled
- Mix 1 tbsp oil into the Noodles and onions over high heat till onions are glossy
- Add the veg and stir to mix well
- Add soya sauce, salt, celery, vinegar and chilli sauce
- Mix well and add noodles and stir fry till mixed well
- Cook all this on high flame
- Serve hot
Chinese Steamed Dumplings
- 500 gram flour
- 500 gram boneless pork minced
- 4 tsp soya sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup bamboo shoots, chopped
- ½ tsp rice wine
- 1 cm piece ginger chopped
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- 125 ml seasame oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mix the pork with onion, garlic, bamboo shoots, white pepper, rice wine, seasame oil in a bowl
- Stir until it becomes a paste
- Add 250 ml of water gradually to the flour
- Knead it like dough, until firm and elastic
- Make small balls, flatten each lightly with hand
- Roll out each piece in circular shape
- The center should be slightly thicker than the edges
- Place about 20 gram of filing on each circle
- Pinch the edges together into pleats
- Place the dumpling in a steamer and steam for 5 min over high heat
- Mix ginger, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, coriander in a bowl and serve with dumplings
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside
- In a mixing bowl, mix together ½ cup butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla essence, and sour cream with electric mixer.
- Stir in the flour mixture and then add nuts
- Put dough onto buttered baking sheets using teaspoon
- Cook at 190 degree Celsius for 8-10 mins
- Remove from oven and let it cool on wire racks
- Heat ½ cup butter in a saucepan until light amber color
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and the milk
- Add more milk, if needed!
- Frost the cookies
- Big chunks of chicken (boneless)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini chunks
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine
- 1 tbsp. green onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp. pepper paste
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 -2 tbsp. cornstarch (mix with water)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch
- Roll the zucchini for forming chunks
- Mix broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, wine, and vinegar
- Mix garlic and green onion
- Mix cornstarch with water
- Heat the vegetable oil and put the chickens in it.
- Fry until golden brown
- Now, mix the garlic and onion paste and fry it, to which add zucchini.
- In this, add the sauce mixture and boil.
- Add cornstarch and wait till the mixture thickens.
- Put the chicken and sesame oil in it and cook
- 6 dried black mushrooms
- 1/4 pound lean pork
- Marinades for Shrimp and Pork:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- A pinch of cornstarch
- 10 medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon rice wine, dry sherry or sake
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 Chinese garlic chives
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
For Frying Spring Rolls:
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups oil for deep-frying, plus about 6 tablespoons for stir-frying
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- plum sauce or duck sauce
- Chinese hot mustard
- Soften the mushrooms by soaking in hot water for 20 to 30 minutes. Squeeze out any excess water. Cut off the stems and slice finely.
- Cut the pork into matchsticks. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the shrimp under warm running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Chop finely. Toss with the rice wine and cornstarch. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mung bean sprouts and drain thoroughly. Wash the red bell pepper and dice. Wash and dice the garlic chives. Wash and shred the carrots and cabbage.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Set aside. Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. When the oil is hot, add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the pork. Stir-fry until it turns white and is about 80 percent cooked through. Remove from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger. Stir-fry until aromatic. Add the shrimp. Stir-fry until they turn pink. Remove from the wok and drain.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the vegetables, one at a time, beginning with the mushrooms, then the red bell pepper, cabbage, garlic chives, shredded carrot and mung bean sprouts.
- Add the sauce to the wok. Add the pork and shrimp back into the pan. Heat through. Remove and cool.
- Clean out the wok. Pre-heat the oil for deep-frying to 360 degrees Fahrenheit while preparing the spring rolls.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper in front of you so that it forms a diamond shape. Use your index finger to wet all the edges with water or a cornstarch/water paste. Place approximately 2 tablespoons of filling near the bottom. Roll over once, tuck in the sides, and then continue rolling. Seal the top.
- Deep-fry the spring rolls in 3 to 4 batches, cooking until they are golden brown and crispy (about 3 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the spring rolls with the plum sauce and hot mustard for dipping.
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound dried thin egg noodles or spaghetti
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water
- White or black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions (spring onions), finely chopped
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup chopped cooked ham
- Bring the salted water to a boil and parboil the noodles, using chopsticks to separate them.
- Rinse the noodles repeatedly in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Divide the noodles equally among soup bowls.
- Bring the broth or stock to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Give the cornstarch and water a quick re-stir and stir it in.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the beaten egg, pouring it slowly through the tines of a fork and stirring rapidly in one direction for about 1 minute.
- Pour the hot broth over the noodles.
- Garnish with the chopped ham and green onion. Serves 5 to 6.
Sticky Cake (Steamed Chinese Fruitcake)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs (separate whites and yolks)
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup dried fruits (diced)
- 1 piece crystallized ginger
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Grease a pan
- Beat the egg whites till it becomes stiff
- Mix the butter and sugar and make the batter into a cream
- Add the yolks
- Add one-third glutinous rice flour and half of the milk
- To this, add rice flour and milk till all gets mixed up
- Put in the dried fruits
- Add the beaten egg whites and make the cake batter
- Steam the batter for about one hour (covered)
- Cool and serve making think slices