These are our favorite elegant and inexpensive wedding flower ideas.
A wedding is a love story with a happily ever after. And flowers in a wedding are like the saintly vestals silent in prayer, sanctifying the night or day with their fragrant breath. Weddings without flowers are unimaginable because they speak of love in a language known to the heart.
There are different styles of flower bouquets for a wedding. These include:
The Posy Bouquet:
Small and round they can be easily held in one hand. The stems covered with satin and decorated with pearl pins act as the handle.
The Presentation Bouquet:
It is an arm sheaf bouquet which the bride cradles in the arm with the support of the stems and foliage.
The Composite Flower Bouquet:
Real flower petals are used together to make a whole flower. Very expensive but graceful and elegant just by the virtue of simplicity.
The Fan Bouquet:
Perfect for a wedding with a theme, especially Victorian or Oriental, this bouquet consists of a fan embellished with small flowers at the edge.
Very popular with a formal church wedding in white, the prayer book or the Bible is used as a platform for a bouquet or a single long stemmed flower.
The Cascade Flower Buquet:
The cascade wedding flower arrangement is regarded to be the most brilliant arrangement. Regarded as both traditional and formal this wedding flower arrangement is best fitted for any kind of wedding celebration.
The Round Cluster Bouquet:
This wedding flower arrangement is also known by the name of Nosegay. This wedding flower arrangement is prepared with the help of a tight bundle of flowers and little bit of greenery. The flowers that are normally used for making this flower arrangement are gerberas, monte casino, freesia, roses and asters.
The Teardrop Flower Bouquet:
This wedding flower arrangement is basically used in church weddings. They are basically given the shape of teardrop with the different flowers drawing downwards. These flowers are sure to compliment any kind of brides and make them look all the more beautiful on their weddings.
No matter what kind of bouquet or flower arrangement you decide on, it is very important to keep the following in mind before you decide:
- A variety of flowers will add a splash of colours and along with foliage will add volume to the flower arrangement.
- Once you have ascertained your budget, take help from magazines and go creative.
- Most important factor while choosing the flower would be the season. Depending on if it is a spring/autumn/summer/winter wedding, choose the flowers available in that season.
- Decide where you want the flowers. If it is a floral wedding you will want flowers everywhere, or it could be bride-centric. Where ever they are placed, they should be speaking of the bride.
- The bouquets should be selected according to the bridal dress. The colours should either match or be in contrast. The style should also blend with the dress. For example, a Posy Bouquet would go well with a short informal white dress.
- Pay attention to the bridesmaids’ bouquets. Either they should be a smaller version of the bride’s bouquet or in contrast in shape.
- The flower girls could carry a basket of the flowers that the bride’s bouquet is made of.
- Do not forget to pay attention to the corsages worn by the mothers of the bride and the groom. You must make certain that it is complimenting their outfit.
- Last but not the least, the groom and groomsmen, though not in the same league, also use the sparse flower. Lily of the Valley if the most favoured flower for the buttonholes.
493 total views, 5 views today