It’s Valentine’s day.What better idea than to spend quality time with kids making some creative valentine’s craft!! Kids will love to adorn the house with their creations and even share some as gifts with their friends and teacher’s.
Valentines and Candy’s go hand in hand, what better idea than to encourage kids to show their love by making colourful hearts with lollipop centre.
(i) Sugar paper
(ii) Paste board
(iii) Hole puncher
(iv) Pair of scissors
(v) Glue stick
- Firstly, make a half-heart motif of about 7.5cm high and 3 cm wide using a paste board . Fold a 12 inches by 3 1/2 inch piece of sugar paper in half, and trace the motif alongside the fold.
- Cut the motifs and open the fold.
- Stack hearts and punch a hole a little above from bottom. Line up the motifs to form a flower shape, this time stacking together on holes. Bind it with a glue stick and let dry for sometime. Write a cute message and put a name on the flower. Insert lollipop.
Heart Shaped Crayons:
So many times you find those tid bit crayons lying around the house that your kids no longer use. Don’t throw them in the bin, just collect them and help your child make unique crayons.
(i) old broken crayons
(ii) heart shaped silicone moulds
- Let your child fill the baking moulds with crayons of his choice.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 mins. and let it set.
- Take out of the moulds.
Help them gift wrap these cute crayons with cute messages hand written by your child. Kid’s love such stuff.
Heart Shaped Wind Chimes:
How about making someone that soothes your mind and body. Tinkling sounds of wind chimes are sure to win all hearts.
(i) Plastic saucer
(ii) Pink nylon thread
(iii) 6- large heart shaped beads
(iv) 18 medium sized beads
(v) Old keys
- Take a plastic saucer and poke five holes around its edge, and one hole in the center. Cut five strands of pink nylon thread about 20 inches in length and a sixth thread of 24 inches. Tie a large heart shaped plastic bead at the bottom of each thread followed by some more beads.
- Attach old keys on all the strands exactly at the 10th inch of every thread for the clinking sound. Now attach all the strands of 20 inches to all the edges in the saucer and the longest in the centre.
Wind Chime is ready!! The clinking sound will always remind you of the affection of your children.
Print a picture of your child on a 10 GSM glossy paper. Tag them with multicolored shears for the edges, write lovely messages on each one. Tape these tags to seethrough bags with m&m’s, little chocolate bars etc. filled in them. See your child jumping in joy on receiving these goodies package.
Special cupcakes filled with goodies and secret messages by mommy dear, kid’s will just love them.
(i) Cupcake sleeves
(ii) Pair of scissors
(vii) Glue stick
- Flatten two cupcake sleeves and place one sleeve face down on top of the other.
- Rub glue stick on one edge, press to attach and let it dry for a while. Fill in the candy and seal all the edges.
- Cut some heart motif from a paste board, adorn them with stickers, ribbons etc. and write a note on them. Stick onto the cupcake sleeves.
Cupcake Goodies filled with surprise are ready !!
Enjoy the two-in-one flavor of choco and candy!!
Customized Chocolate Wrapping:
Kid’s love craft, and decorating chocolate wrappings with markers, stickers and fingerprints is fun!!
(i) Candy bars
(ii) Decorative paper
(iii) A decorative scissors
(vi) Stickers, glitters and ribbons
- Remove the outside wrapper of candy bars and make a stencil onto decorative paper. Cut out the new wrapper and tape it carefully on the candy bar.
- Cut another rectangular wrapper to be stuck on top of the decorative paper. Dab your child’s finger with red paint and make hearts with finger prints.
- Drizzle some glitter on the wrappers. Adorn some with stickers and ribbons.
- Don’t forget to tag a personalized note to them.
Paper Quelling Greeting Cards:
Most easiest of all crafts that you can do with your child. Just let your kid role the paper into cute heart shapes and adorn the card.
(i) Paper quelling kit
(v) Paste board
- Role the paper strips in heart shape with the help of quelling tool given in the kit. Paste the edges with gluestick.
- Stick these shapes on the paste board and drizzle some glitter.
- Write your valentine message in your card.
Heart Shaped Butterflies For Walls
- Help your child to cut heart shape from origami paper
- Glue ends of two heart together, these are the wings of the butterfly.
- Now stick another small shape heart for the head and your butterfly is ready.
- Help the child to make heart shape on it with thumb prints
- Adorn the walls of their room with these beautiful creatures.
- Quite intriguing ideas to spend quality time teaching these to your kids.