As the child enters the teenage years, friends become more important to them. They are like a personal support group a sense of belonging, the sense of security and comfort.
There is nothing as valuable and precious as friendship and this is never truer than when you are a teenager. At an age when everything around you is changing and you feel surrounded by questions and uncertainties, friendship is one pillar on which you can lean on for support.
Our close friends are our most trusted confidantes. Without them life is lonely and boring. Teen friendship is one phase of your life when your friend has the maximum influence on you. That’s why it is said to select your friends cautiously.
So what do the teens look for in a friendship?
- Friendship provides teens with opportunities to develop their personality. They learn how to make up form a fight and strengthen their friendship at the same time.
- Friends provide fun and excitement for the teens by companionship and recreation.
- Teen friendship is a way to open up and communicate with each other. After all friends talk a lot.
- Teens look for loyalty in their friends.
- Friendship also provides stability in the times of stress and changes that every teenager undergoes. It is helpful to talk to a friend as both are going through the same phase.
If you don’t have good friends in teens you land up being lonely and sad. They even have lower academic achievement and low self-esteem as well. One can say teen friendship is the stepping-stone for a bright future ahead.
The importance of friends for the teens is because:
- Teens tend to spend more time with their peers.
- Teens are much more mobile than when they were kids and spend a lot of time with peers.
- In the early teen years, often small groups of friendship is formed that helps them boost their confidence and helps them with a sense of identity.
- Teenagers also emerge as crowds. These are large groups of teens who gather together because they have characteristics that identify them with a particular crowd.
Teen years are one of the most beautiful and best time of the life and one should enjoy this fully. Make friends and enjoy the joys of friendship as you step into a whole new world of friendship and togetherness.
Quotes on teen friendship
What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
I like her because she smiles at me and means it.
~Tas Soft Wind
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. “Pooh!” he whispered. “Yes, Piglet?” “Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s paw. “I just wanted to be sure of you.”
Are we not like two volumes of one book?
Hold a true friend with both your hands.
Friends are relatives you make for yourself.
Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.
Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
~Henry David Thoreau
Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.
I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.