Forget reading the Sunday paper and indulge in these facts instead!
Here are some interesting facts about Sunday
1. In Hebrew, Arabic, Persian and related languages, the word ‘sunday’ means ‘first’.
2. In Greek, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian ‘sunday’ means “Lord’s Day”.
3. In Russian, the word for Sunday is Воскресенье (Voskreseniye) meaning Resurrection.
4. In other Slavic languages like Polish, Ukrainian, Croatian, and Bulgarian among others, the word for Sunday means “no work.”
5. In astrology, Sunday is associated with the Sun.
6. Sunday is the day of the week between Saturday and Monday.
7. In most Middle Eastern countries, Sunday is the first day of the working week.
8. Sunday is a day of rest in most Western countries, as a part of the weekend and weeknight
9. Worldwide, nearly all banks are closed on Sundays.
10. Professional golf tournaments often end on a Sunday.
11. Easter Sunday is the day that Jesus is said to have been resurrected from the dead.
1,847 total views, 1 views today