1. There are over 100 species of the Rose.
2. There are no black roses. What might sometimes be referred to as a black rose is actually a dark red rose. A breed that appears black to the eye, but is actually dark reddish-crimson color.
3. Ancient Romans used roses as room decorations, and sometimes as flower necklace.
4. In Italy, Cavriglia is the largest private rose garden in the world, having over 7,500 different varieties of roses.
5. The rose has been known as the ultimate symbol of love since ancient times The rose is also associated with sympathy or sorrow.
6. The name “Rose” is often a girl’s name in English speaking countries.
7. The rose can be used in perfumes.
8. Roses are one of only three flowers mentioned in the bible. The other two are lilies and camphire.
9. Many species of roses have been known to grow fruit. The fruit of a rose is called a rose hip and closely resembles a berry.
10. Roses are often used in literature and songs. There are over 4000 songs dedicated to roses.
11. Cherries, apricots, apples, peaches, plums, pears and almonds are relatives of rose.
12. the rose-growing countries are where water is ample as roses are thirsty plants consuming up to 13 liters for one rose flower to blossom.
13. About 60% of the roses grown in the U.S. are produced in California.
14. Red Rose expresses love.
White Rose is the sign of innocence, purity and spirituality.
Yellow Rose indicates warmth.
Pink Rose convey joy, admiration and sweetness.
Orange Rose is used to express pride and intense desire towards someone.
Blue Rose says I am constantly thinking about you.
Lavender Rose expresses love at first sight.
Black Rose conveys death or end of a relationship.
787 total views, 3 views today