Read about Republic Day in India in 2020. Indian Republic Day is celebrated on 26 January and commemorates the establishment of the Constitution of India.
- Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January every year. It is one of the India’s most important national events. On the Republic Day, the constitution of India came into force and India became a truly Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state. The Constitution was drafted by the Constituent Assembly which was set up when India gained its independence from the British in 1947.
- Today, the Republic Day is celebrated with much enthusiasm all over the country and especially in the capital, New Delhi. The Republic Day celebration starts with a solemn reminder of the sacrifice of the martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the country.
- Then, the President of the country, who is also the Commander in Chief of the Indian Armed Forces, awards the medals of bravery to the people from the armed forces for their exceptional courage.
- 26th January 1950 is one of the most important days in Indian history. To mark this historic occasion, a grand parade is held in New Delhi, which starts from Raisina Hill near the Rashtrapati Bhavan which is the Presidential Palace, along the Rajpath, India Gate and ends on the historic Red Fort. The different regiments of the army, the Navy and the Air force march past in all their finery and official decorations. The selected cadets of N.C.C from all over the country consider it an honor to participate in this event. Students form various schools showcase their dance performance. The parade also includes many traditional dance troupes, to symbolize the cultural heritage of India.
- The parade and student’s dance performance is followed by a spectacular pageant from the different states of the country. The pageant depicts scenes of people in these states and the dance and songs of different states. The enigmatic display brings out the diversity and richness of the India culture. It traditionally ends with a colorful fly-past by Air Force jets in the tiranga formation. The kaleidoscopic event of the Republic day is telecasted by the National Television. The show is watched by millions of viewers from every corner of the country.
- The patriotic fervor of the people on this day brings the whole country together. Every part of the country is represented in occasion, which makes the Republic Day the most popular of all the national holidays of India.
477 total views, 1 views today