Foods And Colours for 2nd Day of Navratri today.
- Each day of Navratri is dedicated to different avatars of Goddess Durga.
- On the second day of Navratri, people worship Goddess Brahmacharini. She is the second avatar of Maa Durga. The name of the Goddess means as the one who follows pious strictness. In this form, Goddess Durga or Parvati goes to the verdant mountains to do penance. This is where her prospective consort, Lord Shiva is. She joins him here in asceticism. This form of Goddess Parvati grants prosperity and emancipation.She practices devout austerity and is depicted holding a Kamandal (a utensil) in her left hand and a japa mala (rosary) in her right hand.
- The colour for the day is Yellow. Yellow symbolizes happiness and strength. On this day, sugar is offered as bhog to the Goddess.
- You can also offer singhare atte ka halwa or kacche kele ki barfi as the bhog to the goddess.
- So Get ready for the Second Day of Navaratri wearing Yellow which is the symbol of eternal power and energy. You can wear anything in Yellow on this day, but to match up the mood of Navratri celebration you can wear a Yellow Salwar Suit, Kurti, Lehenga or Dupatta and add some shimmer, gotta work and thread work to add the bling to your outfit. If you don’t want to wear something too gaudy then you can also wear something in yellow with self-print or patterns. Wear any shade of yellow to receive the blessings of Goddess Durga this second day of Navratri.