In honor of International Women’s Day So, we thought we’d share some interesting Facts about women:
1. The UN began celebrating International Women’s Day in 1975, the year which was announced to be the International Women’s Year.
2. President Obama declared March as Women’s History Month in the United States, in 2011.
3. Women Are Slowly Catching The Lead In Organizations.
4. Research has found that there are more colors in a women’s life, women are able to recognize 25% more colors and shapes.
5. Women are considerably better than men at reading faces, gestures, and voice tones. thus makes them better conversationalists and social leaders.
6. Women speak about 20,000 words a day. That’s 13,000 more than the average man.
7. Women still earn an average of 24 percent less than men do worldwide, despite women working longer hours than men when both paid and unpaid work is taken into consideration.
8. Men lie on average six times a day–twice as often as women.
9. Women are safer drivers than men. They are involved in fewer road accidents.
10. On average, women live two to five years longer than men, a fact which holds true in every country in the world.
11. Girls’ brains generally mature two years earlier than those of boys, because of the high production of the hormone estrogen during puberty.
12. Women tolerate pain better than men.
13. Women make better leaders than men. Research has concluded that female-led companies are more successful than ones led by males.
14. Fifty-eight percent of college graduates are women.
405 total views, 1 views today