Diwali will be celebrated this year on 27th October 2019. … Here is a collection of Diwali food recipe that may be useful for you to plan ahead your diwali menu.
It is desserts which add much more enthusiasm to the festive spirits. Multicolor rangolis adorn the homes and sweet delicacies deck our kitchen. This Diwali gift your people homemade sweets which will surely bring a healthy smile on their faces. Spread love and happiness and check out the following recipes –
- Almonds- 1 cup ( soaked and peeled)
- Milk-1 cup
- Ghee- 1/2 cup
- Saffron – a pinch (soaked in 2 tbsp milk)
- Grind the almonds and make a smooth paste.
- Take a pan and add 2 cups water and let a boil appear.
- Now, add sugar and let the sugar dissolve.
- Take another pan (kadhai) and add ghee to it.
- Pour the prepared badam paste into the pan and stir on medium flame.
- After little stirring add milk to it.
- Add saffron too and stir on low flame.
- Once the ghee gets completely absorbed and is visible at the sides of pan, switch the flame off.
- Add 2 3 more tablespoons of ghee and stir continuously.
- Serve once it gets thickened.
- Milk – 3 cups
- Rice – 100 gm
- Elaichi Powder – 1 tbsp
- Rose essence – 1 tbsp
- Few rose petals
- Saffron – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Soak rice in water for about half an hour. Drain the water and grind the rice into a fine paste.
- Take a vessel and heat milk in it.
- When the milk gets warm take a tablespoon in bowl and mix saffron with milk and keep it aside.
- Now, let the milk reach a boil.
- Once the milk gets boiled add sugar to it.
- Now, add the rice paste slowly and keep stirring.
- Keep in mind the mixture should not stick to the bottom.
- Add elaichi powder to the mixture.
- Also, add rose essence, saffron and other dry fruits if you want.
- Turn the flame off and leave it to get cooled.
- You can also keep it in the refrigerator.
- Serve phirni with garnished rose petals.
Besan Ke Laddoo
- Gram flour – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups ( powdered)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Take a vessel and melt the ghee. Once the ghee melts, add gram flour.
- Stir the mixture over low heat for around 30 minutes.
- Check the flour is cooked by sauting the mixture continuously.
- If the mixture has a paste like texture then it is ready.
- Once the color of the mixture turn light brown shut the gas.
- Let the mixture cool completely and then add sugar.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Rub your palm open and try shape the laddoo into tight and hard balls by pressing hard stage by stage.
- Once the surface becomes smooth garnish it with an almond and cashew.
- Refined flour (Maida) – 2 cups
- Butter – 1 cup
- Water- as per requirement
- Maava – 2 cups
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
- Nuts – finely chopped
- Ghee – for frying
To make dough-
- Mix 4 tbsp ghee in flour and knead a stiff dough and keep it aside for an hour.
To prepare filling-
- Take a pan and saute maava till it appears golden brown.
- Turn the flame off and add nuts and sugar once the maava gets cooled.
To prepare gujiya -
- Make small rotis of the dough.
- Keep the roti over the gujiya shaper and fill 1 tbsp filling into it.
- Fold the other half and press the edges together.
- Cut out the extra dough and make sure both the parts are properly sticked.
- Make all gujiyas this way.
- On other hand pour ghee into the pan and heat it.
- Fry the gujiyas till they become golden brown.
- Keep them aside.
- Prepare sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar and obtaining one thread consistency.
- Dip gujiyas into it when cooled.
- Store in a container at room temperature.
Bread Rasmalai Recipe
- Bread slices – 5
- Condensed milk – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Saffron- few strands
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Take a pan and grease it with ghee.
- Add condensed milk and milk and wait for them to boil.
- Keep stirring on low flame.
- Add cardamom powder to the milk.
- Wait till the milk reduces to half.
- Now, add saffron and sugar to the milk.
- You can add dry fruits to the milk if needed.
- Refrigerate it till it gets cooled.
- Take bread slices and cut them into round shape.
- Pour the milk over them and serve instantly.
Milk Khoya Burfi
- 1 ltr whole fat milk
- 100 gms mava (khoya)
- 100 gms sugar
- 50 gms ghee
- 5 gms pistachio slivers
- 5 gms almond (badam) slivers
- 3 gms citric acid
- 3 gms cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Boil the milk and sprinkle citirc acid. The milk will curdle.
- Continue cooking it till water evaporates.
- Add sugar and ghee to the curdled milk.
- Keep stirring it till almost dry.
- Add khoya and keep string for five mins.
- Add few pistachios and almonds slices and cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring till the mixture reaches granular consistency.
- Remove and pour onto a greased tray and allow it to cool.
- Decorated with remaining pistachios and almonds slice.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 bread slices
- 25 gms raisins
- 25 gms cashew nuts
- 100 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Fry bread slice with little bit of oil and keep it on the plate.
- In a pan, add milk, sugar and saffron. Mix them well together.
- Add raisins, cashew nuts into it and mix them well.
- In plate, place the toasted bread and spread the mix over it.
Coconut Til Ladoo
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 cups white sesame seeds
- 1 and 2 cup chopped dates
- Dry roast sesame in a pan for around 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
- Keep aside the sesame to cool.
- Add coconut to the pan. Stir well.
- Lightly grind the cooled sesame in a dry grinder.
- Take the ground sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add chopped dates and coconut powder and mix well.
- Take small amount of mixture and roll it in hand to form a ball or ladoo.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup mava (condensed milk)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- Oil to fry
- Sugar syrup
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 250 gm fine chocolate
- 250 gm cream
- 50 gm cardamoms
- Add flour, ghee, salt, water . mix them and make dough leave it for half an hour.
- In a pan, cook mava till its brown, add sugar, add cardamom powder.
- When the mixture cools, add some chocolate chips to it and mix well.
- Now take a small piece of dough and roll it well. Cut it into smaller pieces and fill the mixture in it.
- With some water, seal the edges.
- Fry till its golden brown
- Take a bowl full of fine chocolate, add some fresh cream and microwave it for 2 minutes at lowest temperature.
- When gujiya is cooked, dip it in sugar syrup.
- Place them on a plate and pour some chocolate syrup on it.
- flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Oil – to deep fry
- Melted Butter – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 5 tbsp
- Boiled Milk – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- In a bowl , take melted butter, sugar , salt , cooking soda and beat well with your hands till it becomes creamy.
- Add maida , cardamom powder and milk.Mix well to make a crumbly mixture.
- Add water and make a soft , stiff dough.
- Make 5 even sized balls out of the dough and dust it well with maida.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick chapathi and cut them into small squares using a knife.
- Allow the squares to dry for 15 minutes before deep frying.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the square biscuits in batches.
- Drain them in a paper.Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Mix well
- 1/2 kg khoya. (Reducing a large volume of milk to a solid by very slow boiling for many hours makes Khoya, about 3 liters of milk will produce 200-300 grams of khoya.)
- 250 grams ground sugar
- 250 grams milk
- 2 drops rose essence or a few strands saffron or kesar
- 2 tbsp almonds, finely slivered
- 2 tbsp pistachios, finely slivered
- 1 tsp green cardamoms or elaichi powder
- Mix the khoya and sugar well, and warm it over a medium fire.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the milk and stir with a heavy ladle smoothening out any lumps.
- Continue stirring and add more milk, little by little, till all the milk is used up.
- Lower the heat, if it sticks at the bottom.
- Add the rose essence or saffron dissolved in milk, and take off the fire.
- Mix the flavoring and khoya properly.
- In a plate, mix the finely slivered nuts with the cardamom or elaichi powder.
- Make small balls of the khoya mixture and press on the nuts for decoration.
- You can also make depressions along the edges with a spoon handle or other stamp moulds for surface designs.
- 2 cups khoya
- 1 1/2 cups of coarsely powdered roasted sesame seeds (til)
- Powdered sugar to taste
- Kesar, chopped almonds and pistas for decoration
- Roast the khoya on low flame till it is very light golden yellow color.
- Let is cool for few minutes.
- Then add coarsely powdered roasted sesame seeds and mix it.
- Add powdered sugar when the above mixture is luke warm.
- Mix well and shape into small balls. If the mixture is too hot then the sugar will melt so care has to be taken that mixture should not be hot.
- Arrange in a plate and decorate with kesar, chopped almonds and pistas.
And should you be the type that thrives on home cooking and want to make the Khoya at home too, here’s how you can do that.
Method for Making Khoya
- Take three cups of full cream milk powder in microwave oven proof casserole.
- Add sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Add 2 tablespoon of ghee.
- Cover with plastic cling film and microwave for 3 minutes with in between stirring.
- 1 tblsp cashew nuts
- 1 tblsp raisins
- Few Strands of Saffron
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tblsp pure ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 25 grams sugar crystals
- Soak rice for half an hour.
- Heat up ghee in a pan, fry raisins and cashew nuts, remove and keep aside.
- In the same ghee mix in rice and stir-fry till rice starts separating.
- Dissolve saffron in warm water and keep aside.
- Mix in 1 1/2 cup of boiling water to the rice and mix in saffron water and let it cook.
- When half done mix in sugar and continue to stir fry till all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Finally mix in the cardamom powder and decorate it with fried dry fruits and sugar crystals.
- Serve hot