This Diwali gift your people homemade sweets which will surely bring a healthy smile on their faces. Spread love and happiness and check out the following recipes.
- 250 gm besan
- 50 gm khoya
- 200 gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ghee
- 3 tsp milk
- 150 gm ghee
- In a pan add sugar and half a cup of water over low heat and stir till sugar dissolves.
- Let it boil and cook till hard ball consistency.
- Drop a drop into cold water and it should form into a hard lump.
- While sugar is cooking, cook khoya over low heat, stirring all the time, till crumbly.
- In a pan add ghee and add the gram flour mixture and saute till a light brown.
- Add cardamom, mix well and remove from heat.
- Add syrup and stir gently to mix well.
- Transfer to greased thali, garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- When it cool and cut into squares.
- 12 dates
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- Remove seeds and grind the dates to a coarse paste.
- Dry roast the nuts until they start to brown in patches.
- Add this in a mixie until you have a coarse mixture.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add the dates, cook on low flame until it turns.
- Add the chopped nuts and blend in. Turn off heat.
- When it’s cool, make ladoos of your desired size and roll in the desiccated coconut.
- 1 cup of chenna
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- A few strands of saffron
- 1 tbsp of warm milk
- A tiny pinch of salt
- A small pinch of cardamom powder
- Soak the saffron strands in the warm milk.
- Add the sugar, salt and cardamom powder in chenna.
- Transfer it to a pan and cook on low heat to remove the rawness of the chenna.
- Keep stirring until it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the saffron milk.
- When the mixture is warm, shape into small balls.
- Cashewnut powder1/2 kilogram
- Sugar 1 cup
- Saffron (kesar) 5 – 6 strands
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Silver warq 6 – 8 leaves
- Dissolve sugar in three fourth cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add saffron and cook till it forms a syrup of three thread consistency.
- Melt ghee and add to this syrup.
- Add cashewnut powder and mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Knead it well and roll into half centimeter thick rectangle.
- Spread silver varq over it and cut into diamond shape of approximately one and half inch a side
641 total views, 1 views today