Get DIY aarti thali ideas for Diwali. Decorate pooja thali and aarti thali at home and use them during festivals or engagement and marriage ceremonies.
Diwali, also known as Deepawali, is the festival which brings excitement, joy and lots of happiness with it. People decorate their houses with beautiful Rangoli and flowers. As the festival is closely associated with lights, decoration with candles, diyas and fairy lights becomes a must. The ambiance felt at various places is soothing as well as refreshing. Apart from decorations, puja is also an important part of the festival. Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Kubera are worshipped on this day.
People decorate the puja thalis beautifully to use it during the Lakshmi puja held in the evening.
Here are some ideas for adorning the thalis used during Lakshmi Puja on Diwali –
Sunflower puja thali
Follow the steps to decorate this kind of thali.
- Paint a medium-sized thali with poster color. Use yellow color for the base of the thali.
- Create floral designs along the side of the thali. Choose red and orange colors to paint the designs.
- Draw a sunflower at the central part of the thali and paint it with lemon yellow color.
- Apply orange color on the central part of the sunflower.
- Make sure there is some space left between the central flower and the ones along the side of the thali.
- Place some rose petals in the empty space.
- Place a diya at the center of the sunflower and light it.
- Place some rice and kumkum in small boxes kept on the rose petals.
- This is how you can decorate a sunflower thali for Diwali puja.
Here are some steps for Diwali decorations with an illuminated puja thali.
- Cover a puja thali with bright colored satin cloth.
- Stick a fancy lace along the border with the help of glue.
- Decorate the thali with bits of mirrors and kundan stones of various colors and shapes.
- Place an aromatic candle at the center of the thali.
- The light of the candle will be reflected by the mirror, and this will not only add to beauty of the thali but also brighten the room where the puja is performed.
Puja thali with kumkum
Below, you will get the steps for Diwali decorations with a puja thali including kumkum and other ingredients.
- Apply ghee on a medium-sized steel thali.
- Put some kumkum on the thali and sprinkle it all over.
- Draw a “Swastika” sign at the centre of the thali.
- Place a diya at the central part of the “Swastika” sign.
- Place some flower petals on the thali.
- Keep a bell, camphor, and some rice on the thali.
- Light up the diya and brighten your Diwali celebrations.
Thali Decoration with Haldi and Roli
- Spread some oil on a plain thali.
- Put a certain amount of roli and haldi (turmeric) on the thali.
- Move the thali in every direction so as to mix the haldi and roli.
- Use a match stick to create some designs you prefer.
- Put some glitters on the thali.
- Place the puja accessories on the thali.
- This is how you decorate a puja thali with roli and haldi.