Children’s Day being a special event for kids, you should do things that your children would find really exciting. Even the food you prepare should include mouth-watering recipes that’ll delight your kids on this occasion.
Below, you’ll find recipes that can be prepared on this occasion.
Corn and Spinach Katti Rolls: This is one of the healthy breakfast recipes that your kids will simply relish. It is full of fiber and iron which any growing child needs.
- 4 cups spinach (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk curd (beaten until smooth)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Pour oil in a non-stick fry pan.
- Add garlic and ginger sauté and onions until you get the fragrance.
- Combine the spice powders with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add salt and spinach.
- Cover the mixture and cook it on low heat until the spinach is cooked completely.
- Add corn kernels and milk curd.
- Let the mixture simmer until it turns thick.
Finger Pizza: Finger pizza is one of the Children’s Day recipes that can serve as a tasty snack item.
- 1/2 pound hard salami (cubed)
- 1 medium green pepper (cubed)
- 1/2 pound pasteurized prepared cheese (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 loaves (20 ounces each) sliced sandwich bread (crusts removed)
- Combine cheese and salami in a food processor.
- Add green pepper into the mixture.
- Add basil, oregano, and tomato paste.
- Stir the ingredients in the food processor until they mix well.
- Roll the bread by using a rolling pin. The purpose is to flatten the bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture on one side of the bread slices.
- Roll up and cut the bread slices into half.
- Apply grease on a baking sheet.
- Keep the rolls on the baking sheet (with the seam down).
- Spread melted butter on the bread rolls.
- Bake the rolls at 375° for more than 15 minutes until you find the color changing to light brown.
Your recipe is now ready to be served.
Chocolate Cookies: Chocolate cookies are a favorite of many. So, try out this easy recipe on Children’s Day and let your kids and family enjoy this delicious treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Sift baking powder and flour.
- Add butter and chocolate powder.
- Rub the ingredients with the help of your fingertips.
- Add chopped almonds and castor sugar into the mixture.
- Pour the condensed milk gently into the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- Keep the balls on a baking tray after you have greased it.
- Bake the balls in an oven at 190° for a time period of 30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes: One of the Children’s Day recipes you can try out so as to delight your kids is peanut butter cupcake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Combine peanut butter and vanilla essence.
- Add the shortening into the mixture.
- Add sugar, and beat the mixture until it turns soft.
- Add eggs into the mixture one by one. Make sure you beat the eggs after adding each of them.
- Stir the ingredients added so far.
- Add milk, baking powder, all-purpose flour, and salt into the mixture.
- Take spoons of this mixture into paper baking cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven for around half an hour.
- Cool the mixture for 10 minutes before placing it on a wire rack for further cooling.
- Frost the cupcakes with peanut butter.
Pista Malai Ice Cream: Make your kids feel special on Children’s Day by adding a mouth-watering dessert, such as pista malai ice cream, to their food menu.
- 100 g pista
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g malai
- 100 ml milk
- 10 almonds
- 2 drops ice cream essence
- 2 teaspoon rose water
- 2 to 3 drops vanilla essence
- 3 to 4 drops green color
- Put some pista in milk and let it remain for 5-6 hours.
- Prepare a fine paste of pista.
- Add rose water and green color to the pista.
- Add ice cream essence and vanilla essence to the pista, and stir well.
- Add sugar to some amount of malai and stir the mixture properly.
- Add the pista mixture to the malai.
- Freeze the mixture.
- Remove the freezer when the mixture is half-frozen.
- Beat the pista mixture and malai with the help of an egg beater.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream box.
- Use almonds and pista to decorate and add flavor to the ice cream.
- Keep the mixture in freezer again for 2-3 hours.
Spread joy and cheer among your kids with these delicious Children’s Day recipes and make them feel special in every way on this day.