Find loads of birthday cupcake recipes for a delicious way to celebrate!
- I cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until combined.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Then half of the buttermilk.
- Gently whisk for a few seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into the liners.
- Fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides or sinking.
- Bake for 18-20 min,
insert toothpick in the center, its ready if it come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Flour – 2 cups
- Milk – half cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Sprinklers like stars or berries
Steps to follow
- Heat the oven to 180C. Take two muffin tins and grease them.
- Take a bowl and mix the flour and eggs.
- Whisk thoroughly and mix sugar into the mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla essence to the mixture.
- Now, add butter and keep whisking.
- Once a smooth paste is obtained, pour it into the tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check whether the mixture is baked or not.
- If it is thoroughly cooked then remove the cupcakes from the tins.
- Mix the icing sugar with a little amount of water in order to make a thick paste.
- Drizzle it over the cakes once they are cooled.
- Sprinkle your toppings like stars and berries while the icing is wet.
- Leave them to set for some time before serving.
647 total views, 1 views today