Roses have always been considered as a symbol of romance and are widely used for their beauty, for example in royal gardens. But, these beautiful blooms are useful for so much more than looking pretty.
Natural Skin Cleanser
Rose petals can be used to make a homemade skin cleanser by mixing one teaspoon of powdered rose petals with water, and some honey to make a smooth paste.To use, gently massage the cleanser into your face and let it sit for fifteen minutes before washing it off.
Homemade Rose Petal Potpourri
Put your pretty rose petals to another use after they fade .You can make your own potpourri by blending one cup of dried rose petals with one half cup of dried lavender, and one quarter cup of dried rosemary. Add one eighth teaspoon of ground cloves and cinnamon, plus dried rosebuds and orange peels. Add a few drops of rose or lavender oil. Pour the mixture into a Mason jar. Cover the mouth .Store the jar in a cool dark place for 6 weeks
Sock drawers, linen closets, and the bathroom are all ideal options, and you can let the scents soothe you to sleep by slipping a small sachet into your pillowcase.
All it takes to make rose water is fresh rose petals and Distilled water (enough to cover the rose petals.
1. Remove petals from stems and wash with luke-warm water.
2. Add petals to a large pot and top with enough distilled water to just cover (no more or you’ll dilute your rosewater).
3. Over medium-low heat bring the water to simmer for 20-30 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink
4. Strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
5. Discard petals and place water in a glass jar to store.
Rose Infused Oil
Rose-infused oil is used for homemade soaps, lotions, and other wellness products. You can make your own by filling a jar halfway with dried rose petals and thoroughly covering them with olive or sweet almond oil.
Make sure that the petals are covered by at least two inches of the oil, and then cap the mixture and let it set in a dark cabinet for four to six weeks, shake it every few days. Once the oil is infused strain out the petals and use the oil as desired.
Along with adding a gracious look to the personality, it gave the touch of elegance. Even nowadays thanks to various TV. Shows people are getting jewelry made up of rose again. They are weighless, and cost less and are user-friendly as compared to the ornaments made from gold and silver.
Rose flower along with its beautiful appearance has got medicinal uses too. It is antiseptic, anti- oxidant and is a rich source of vitamin A, B3, C, D and E. Various products are made from from the rose flower .
1. Rose water relaxes the tension of nerves.
2. Rose Petal Tea helps in the secretion of bile juices and helps in proper cleansing of the gall bladder.
3. Also, the tea works as a miracle in treating fevers and various bronchial infections and promotes blood circulation.
4. Rose water is often added to various eye care products as it provides a cooling and soothing effect to eyes. Rose water itself can also be used to treat various eye infections.
5. It is a boon in treating sore throat and runny nose.
Roses are well- known for their culinary purposes too. A variety of products like rose syrups, rose essences, rose petal jams and flavoring agents all are made up using rose. Rose oil is used to flavour candy, syrups, desserts etc. also the crushed rose petals are used while preparing various Indian sweets like rabri, kheer flavoured kulfi, sandesh etc. it is also used for decorating cakes as it is fragrant and non-poisoning moreover contains vitamin C boosting up our healt
363 total views, 1 views today