Here are some superstitions which don’t make sense, but we Indians blindly follow. Even though it’s 2020, there are still some weird superstitions that freak people out every day.
1.Hindus believe that cutting nails and hair on Saturdays brings bad luck.
Hindus believe that to cutting hair and nails on Saturday angers planet Saturn (shani), which then brings bad luck.
However, people who cut their hair and nails on Saturdays, tells that cutting hair and nails make them look neater and no planet affects them with bad luck.
2. You lose your wealth, if you shake your legs.
Shaking legs is just a sign of nervousness.
Even if we don’t shake your leg why we are so broke at the end of the month right!
3.Sweeping floors in the evening drives away Laxmi from the home.
Hindus believe that Goddess Laxmi generally visits homes during the evenings (specifically around 6-7 pm), and therefore sweeping will drive her away.
The probable reason for our ancestors preventing us to sweep the floor at night time is if some valuable product gets swept away in the darkness of the night.
It is believed that the right eye twitching is good for men, and the left one brings good news for women.
but failed to understand …no logic behind it.
5.Putting a tikka on the forehead and cheek is believed to ward off the evil eye. or ‘buri nazar’.
6.Teen tigada, kaam bigada
3 being considered as unlucky. Going to do some work in a group of 3 would surely give a negative output. That is why, it is said that 3 Tigaada, Kaam Bigaada.
7. If a black cat crosses your path, then your tasks get delayed or postponed for which you were going.
If a black cat crosses your path, it’s a bad omen the Indian explanation is that black represents Shani and therefore brings bad luck.
8. The Western world commonly regards the number 13 as an unlucky one
To the point where hotels often omit it from room doors and floor numbers while some airlines do the same with aisle numbers.
Hindus don’t perform any big task, or begin a new business on 13th of any month, especially when that 13th is a Friday.
9. Bath after attending a funeral ceremony
You may get infection from the deceased?
10. Eat curd and sugar before heading out for good luck.
11. Girl not allowed to work during menstruation.
12. When someone is leaving the house you must not ask them where they are going or it is bad luck (this somehow doesn’t apply to parents when their children go out though)
13. If you are going out and someone sneezes in front of you, that is said to be a bad omen, and the work you are going to perform won’t just happen.
14. Avoid Washing clothes on Tuesdays, Saturdays.
This must have been done to give all the ladies a break from household chores once or twice a week.
15. Eat curd and sugar before stepping out.To keep one’s system cool and calm.
490 total views, 3 views today