This New Year, you may want to host a party at your home or at a venue you think is ideal for your celebration. Just in case you are looking for some ideas on New Year parties, here are some tips to follow.
Get some ideas on what kind of themes can be followed when celebrating the New Year with a party.
1. White Themed Party :
If you planning to have a white themed party, you will need party supplies and decorations in white, silver, and light blue.
- Adorn your driveway with candles in the snow. Use white twinkling lights and snowflake balloons to adorn your house.
- White votive candles can be used to decorate the tables, windowsills, and mantles. You can also hang paper snowflakes from the ceiling with the help of fishing lines, so as can to add elegance to your rooms.
- You can decorate the tables with vases having a beautiful arrangement of babies breath that looks like little snowflakes. You can also use evergreen trees with white lights and tinsels. Small Christmas trees can be used as table centerpieces.
- You can cover the tables with white linens and sprinkle plastic snow on them. Hang white starlight spheres from the ceiling above the tables to create a wonderful effect.
- As for the menu, you may choose white cheese and crackers, white pizza, white chocolate pretzels, oysters, and chicken fettuccini alfredo.
- For the dessert,you may include white chocolate fondue, cupcakes with white icing, and white frosted sugar cookies.
- For the drinks, you can have carbonated grape juice, white hot chocolate, or white tea. You can also arrange for champagnes and cocktails like Mojito, Eggnog Martini, and White Sangria.
- At midnight, you can have your party guests passing out champagne for toasting. Engage them in a balloon drop to celebrate this special occasion and choose white pearl balloons for it.
- Gift your guests white craft bags filled with candies, sweet treats, and toys for kids. Alternatively, you may choose tiaras for the female guests, especially teenagers and kids.
- The tiaras should be white, embellished with glitters and confetti, and have the words “Happy New Year” engraved in silver.
- The invitations for this kind of party should have a winter theme with images of snow, snowflakes, and a white elephant which indicates the New Year’s white elephant gift exchange theme.
2. Luau Party Theme
- Use bright tropical colors for the decorations for your Luau party. Go for a combination of champagne balloons and Luau balloons.
- To add a special touch, adorn one side of the wall with a Luau scene setter or a plastic beach scene and hang multi-colored banners featuring “Happy New Year” in front of the beach scene. It will create the perfect ambiance for New Year celebration on a beach!
- As for the table decorations, you may use coconut cups and neon tiki cups. Use raffia table skirts to enhance the décor. Glitter top hats filled with tropical flowers or balloons can serve as centerpieces. Spread some seashells and neon maracas on the tables.
- Add to your decorations by placing luau aloha bracelets around table napkins. A mix of tropical lights and white Christmas lights can be used to brighten your party decor.
- Your menu may include Hawaiian roasted pork, chicken long rice, Aloha sweet potatoes, Hawaiian grilled fish salad, coconut cakes, and banana fritters.
- You should arrange for tropical drinks like pineapple juice and Mai Tai (a combination of orange juice, light rum, and other ingredients).
- Engage your party guests with luau games, music, and Hula dancing. This can be great fun, and your guests will surely appreciate it!
- Gift your guests carved coconut figures playing maracas or ukulele. Travel tote bags with photos of a beach and people engaged in Hula dancing will be a great party favor for Luau themed New Year parties. Luau themed mint and candy tins are a good choice for party favors.
- To invite your guests to your party, you may use male and female Luau cutouts. You can cut out skirt shapes from green construction paper so as to create Hawaiian grass skirts.
- Glue the skirts to the construction paper cards to create attractive invites for your guests. For a tropical feeling, cut flowers out of colored construction paper and glue them to the front of the cards.
- Instead of a typical Luau themed invitation, you can also go for traditional New Year invites and place a pair of trendy sunglasses in the envelopes!
3. Starry Night Themed New Year Party
- A starry night party is a celebration with the real or artificial night sky in the background. Such a party can also involve decorations that are themed around celebrity stars. You can create a ‘starry night’ ambiance in an indoor venue or host an outdoor party with the night sky as the perfect backdrop.
- For a party held indoors, you can use dangling strings of Christmas lights and hang shiny star balloons and star cutouts from the ceiling. Go for colors like silver, white, and dark blue. Get some starry sky backdrops so that you can adorn the walls with them.
- Use twinkling lights to create a nighttime sky effect. Go for votives and small yellow flowers to add elegance to your party décor.
- If it’s an outdoor venue, you can have the celebrations near a pool. There can be a bonfire as well. Use lanterns, candles, and firelights to set the mood for starry night New Year party themes.
- Your menu can comprise star shaped sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, mini crab cakes with cucumber tartar sauce, sweet potato French fries, roast beef, grilled lime peanut chicken, and mashed potatoes. Fruit punch bowl, coffee, soda can be used for the beverages.
Engage your guests in music and dance as they join you to celebrate this occasion. If it’s an outdoor party, get a telescope or binoculars to help them catch a glimpse of the heavenly bodies.
- Thank your guests for attending your party with exciting gifts like glitzy sunglasses, movie tickets, or movie rental gift cards.
- Look for invitations which have images of the starry night or celebrity stars. Go for colors like black and gold for your party invites. The wording can be printed in gold metallic pen. Use some star confetti to decorate the invitation.