A birthday is always an occasion to celebrate and jubilate! And a 50th birthday calls for 50 times the fun, joy, and excitement. Living to half a century is an important milestone in a person’s life. The gifts for the fiftieth birthday should be extra special as it’s a special day –when one jubilantly steps into the second innings of his life.
What is a traditional 50th birthday gift?
The 50th birthday being the golden jubilee of the birth of the person, it is one of the most common gestures to give an item made of gold as a traditional 50th birthday gift. If it’s a man, you can gift him gold plated cuff links, gold pocket watch, gold plated eyeglasses or a gold plated wristwatch too. For a woman turning the big 5-Oh, you can always pamper her with some gorgeous gold jewelry.
- In case of other gifts too, you can pick one of the color. Gilt photo frames, gilt bound comb sets, golden cigar cases – your choice is endless!
- To salute the vintage year, a bottle of old wine would be the ideal birthday gift. You can even personalize the bottle with the person’s picture and name printed on the label. A pair of monogrammed wine glasses would complete the set!
- 50 is the perfect age for taking a stroll down the memory lane and calling back warm thoughts from the past. So why not give him a gift to help him do so? If you have a collection of some old pictures and can think of some incidents from his life, publish an album with all these and give the person a gift he would cherish the rest of his years.
- Anything elegant would do well for a fiftieth birthday gift. Crystal show pieces, quaint glass dinner sets, old perfumes, embroidered bed spread, or hand spun scarves are sure to be appreciated by the recipient.
- A basket of goodies straight from the 50s would make a sweet gift indeed! This can include candies that the person loved as a kid, old fashioned hair clips or cufflinks.
- A silk necktie or semi precious stone studded cuff links should also do very well as items for 50th Birthday Gift (for men).
- Pearls always bring a smile to any woman’s face – go for pearl jewelry and see the sparkle in that special woman’s eyes!
- You can even give her a leather handbag or silk stole or scarf.
- If the person is a connoisseur of books you can hunt for a copy of an out-of–print book.
- For a music lover, try to collect some masterpieces from the past.
The fiftieth birthday gift should be warm enough to bear a different connotation to the person and make him feel loved and treasured by all.
1,945 total views, 1 views today