Teachers have, from time immemorial, occupied an exalted position in the Indian society. They have been regarded as the beacon of wisdom, knowledge and enlightenment and have guided their students to become better citizens; thereby, leading to the overall development of the nation. Upon the completion of their education, students, too, have expressed their gratitude to their teachers by giving them gifts.
The tradition of giving gifts was a part of the ancient gurukul system, where the teacher or the Guru would ask for a gurudakshina (tradition of replaying one's teacher after the completion of one's formal education), which was not only monetary but also comprised an important task that the guru would ask of his students. As years passed, the institution of education underwent changes and so did the idea of giving gifts to the teacher. In the modern age, the tradition of gurudakshina has gone in for a complete makeover.
Every year on Teacher's Day, children from all across the country express their thanks to their teachers by giving them wonderful gifts. The gifts range from homemade ones, to fancy cakes, books and other such stuff that a teacher would adore for a lifetime. Check out below some of the fabulous gift ideas that would truly make your teacher happy on Teacher's Day.
Some of the popular gifts for Teacher's Day are as follows. Just have a glance through them –
Homemade Teacher's Day Gifts
- First and foremost making a greetings card will be a wonderful idea. A greetings card meant for your favorite teacher with some personalized appreciation message written on it will indeed be a wonderful teacher's day gift idea.
- Another most popular personalized teacher's day gift idea is writing a poem and dedicating it to your favorite teacher. The poem written by you will clearly express your heartfelt appreciation for your teacher.
- You can also prepare a pen stand by using some old cardboard box. This task is very simple, all you need to do is properly wrap a nice colorful sheet and decorate it with attractive colors and glitters.
- If you have a knack for painting then you can gift your teacher a nice painting that has been created by you. A simple painting of your a school building, classroom or your teacher taking a classroom would surely make his or her day.
A Homemade Card or Artwork
- It is Teacher's Day and time to get creative. Prepare a beautiful artwork or a card that you can present to your teacher on this Teacher's Day. Though do remember to scribble some touching words in praise of your teacher. Homemade gifts or gifts specially chosen by children have a special place in a teacher’s heart.
Beautiful Flowers For A Loving Teacher
- Flowers are stronger than words. They subtly express a person's love or respect to his or her loved one. So, this Teacher's Day go shopping and buy a beautiful bouquet for your teacher. They would surely love it,if you’re going to bring flowers, do be sure they’re in a vase. And make sure the classroom has a place for them.
Books For Classroom
Help your teacher in growing the classroom library. On this Teacher's Day gift him or her one or two books which can be kept in the classroom to be used by the teacher or other students.
Classic Hand Made Paintings For Your Teacher
So, you have been taking painting classes. Let the artist in you come out on this Teacher's Day. Create a fabulous painting and present it to you teacher. He or she is surely going to love it.
Primary school teachers love getting new children's books for their classroom. Buy your child's favorite, and have him/her sign the inside cover. It's better if the book is one the teacher doesn't already have.
Class room supplies - Teachers appreciate Sharpners, erasers, markers, color pens and pencils,note pads with the teacher's name. Put them in a decorative box, and you're all set.
Or buy some useful learning materials for both the teacher and kids in the classroom.
Games and other activities for recess time - when the class stays inside due to rain or too hot or cold weather, children love to play indoor games. Teacher might appreciate a classic games like Ludo, Uno, Chinese checker , carom etc.
Some other ideas of gifts which Teachers Love
Volunteer to help your child's teacher in many ways.
- Help during art class.
- Primary teachers love to take your help in making charts for the class
- Make copies.
- Offer to deep clean the classroom
Last Updated: 23rd August, 2017