Iftar is the perfect festival to feed the hungry stomachs with yummy delights. As far as usual meals are concerned we all are a pro at it. But when it comes to Iftar, it has to be special and extremely wonderful. But, if you are uncertain about the recipes of your favorite Iftar special meals here we are, offering simple solution to your dilemma. Glance through the following two popular Iftar recipes. You can choose to prepare them for your Iftar.
Iftar Special Recipes
How to make Shahi Tukre:
- 1/2 tin - MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup - Milk
- 1 tsp - Elaichi Powder
- 6 slices - Bread
- 1 tbsp - Mixed Dried Fruits
- 1 cup - Sugar for syrup
- Pure Ghee
- 1 cup - Water for syrup
- Prepare syrup by boiling water and sugar together.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Cut bread slices into rectangular shape and deep fry in ghee till golden brown.
- Immediately transfer the fried bread pieces into sugar syrup.
- Dip for a fraction of a minute, so that the tukras does not gets soggy or soft
- Remove from syrup and arrange in a serving dish.
- Top each piece of prepared bread with 1 tbsp. MILKMAID and nuts. Add elaichi powder.
Kapitan Chicken Curry
For Spice Paste
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10-12 pieces
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 4 Fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn into quarters
- 4 tbsp Peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk
Steps to Follow:
- 3 stalks Lemongrass
- 15 Shallots, peeled
- 4 cloves Garlic, lightly crushed
- 5 Fresh red chilli peppers
- 1 1/2 inch Fresh galangal
- 10 Dried red chillies, soaked in hot water for over 10 minutes
- 1/2 inch Fresh turmeric
- 3 Candlenuts or macadamia nuts
- 1/2 inch Fresh ginger
- 1/4 tbsp Belacan (fermented shrimp paste)
- Mix well all the spice paste ingredients in a blender to reduce it to a fine paste.
- Heat up the oil in a pan. Then add the blended paste in it and saute for at least 30 seconds. Then add the half of the kaffir lime leaves in it and sauté the whole mixture for 2-3 minutes until it becomes more aromatic.
- Now add the chicken pieces and fry for a minute. Ensure that each of the chicken pieces gets generously coated with the sauted paste.
- Now add water to the pan and mix well. Heat it until it boils. Then add the remaining quartered kaffir lime leaves. Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Keep stirring for the next 20-25 minutes till the gravy thicken and chicken becomes tender. Add more water in case the gravy becomes too dry.
- Season with sugar and salt. Add the coconut milk now and mix well. Turn the heat off when well mixed.
- Garnish with shredded lime leaves or kaffir lime leaves. Squeeze some lime juice.
- Serve hot with roti canai or steamed rice.
Hara Bhara Kebab
Steps to Follow:
- 1 bundle ( approximately 600 gm) spinach – only leaves(chopped finely)
- 1 cup split gram dal (channe ki dal)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 green chilies – finely chopped
- 3 slices bread – churned in a mixer for fresh crumbs
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ cup grated paneer (75 gm)
- ¼ cup chopped green coriander
- ½ tsp dry mango (amchur) powder
- 3-4 black peppercorns (saboot kali mirch)
- 2-3 cloves (laung)
- ½ tsp cumin (jeera)
- 2 black cardamom seeds
- Crush seeds of black cardamom, cumin, cloves, and peppercorns together.
- Wash the dal and then pressure cook it with the crushed spices. Add two cups of water and salt to taste. Turn down the heat after the first whistle and cook for 15 minutes. Then keep it aside for some time.
- After the pressure subsides, open the cooker and mash the dal with a potato masher or a karchhi. If there is any water left, heat the dal again while constantly mashing it.
- Take the spinach and chop very finely. Wash thoroughly with several changes of water. Leave it in the strainer for 15 minutes in order to drain out the water.
- Take a kadhai and heat 3 tbsp oil in it. Now add spinach and stir for 10 minutes until spinach is well fried and dried. Add coriander and paneer. Cook for a minute and then remove from the fire.
- Now mix the dal with spinach-paneer, cornflour, fresh bread crumbs, green chilies, masalas, and salt. Now make small balls.
- Cook them with 2-3 tbsp oil on a tawa until it turns brown.
- Take the crispy kebabs on napkins to soak the extra oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Oil for frying
Steps to follow:
- 5 medium-size potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 10 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Boil the unpeeled over high heat until the potatoes become soft and tender.
- Then drain the boiled potatoes and cool them. Subsequently peel the cooled potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder, pepper, and cilantro to it. Mash the potatoes until there are no lumps.
- Shape them into flat cutlets, about 2 or 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Coat each cutlet lightly in bread crumbs, and set aside.
- Heat about two tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry potato cutlets in groups until golden brown on both sides. Keep adding oil as per the need. Potato cutlets are ready to be enjoyed.
Chicken Shahi Biryani
Steps to follow:
- 6 cups basmati Rice
- 1 kg Chicken
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 5 Onions (sliced)
- 3 Potatoes (peeled and cut)
- 30 grams Ginger (paste)
- 30 grams Garlic (paste)
- 5 Green Chilies (paste)
- 10 grams Coriander leaves (paste)
- 2 tablespoons All spice powder
- 4 tablespoons Yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons Tomato (Puree/paste)
- 3 tablespoons Red Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 2-3 drops color (orange recommended)
- Marinate chicken with garlic, ginger, coriander, green chili paste, tomato paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, dry garam masala powder, salt and yoghurt. And keep aside for half an hour.
- Semi-cook the basmati rice with salt and sprinkle it with color. Thereafter keep it aside.
- Warm milk. Add a pinch of kesar and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan and deep fry half the onions chopped. After the onions turn golden brown, add all the potatoes.
- Remove the onion and potato from the pan and keep aside.
- Fry the remaining onion in the same oil until they turn slight golden brown. Then add marinated chicken and cook for ten minutes.
- Take a separate utensil. Put some ghee and one tablespoon of oil. Thereafter, add half quantity of semi-cooked rice, all the fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and the kesar mixed milk.
- Then put the cooked chicken on top and subsequently cover it with the remaining semi-cooked rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the fried onions.
- Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another ten minutes.
- The delicious chicken shahi biryani is ready to be served with salad, lemon and papad.
These amazing recipes will not only fetch you lovely compliments but also has several nutritional values too. Prepare them and earn beautiful compliments from your closed ones.