Iftar is the perfect festival to feed the hungry stomachs with yummy delights. As far as usual meals are concerned we all are a pro at it. But when it comes to Iftar, it has to be special and extremely wonderful. But, if you are uncertain about the recipes of your favorite Iftar special meals here we are, offering simple solution to your dilemma. Glance through the following two popular Iftar recipes. You can choose to prepare them for your Iftar.
Iftar Special Recipes
Oil for frying
Steps to follow:
- 5 medium-size potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 10 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Boil the unpeeled over high heat until the potatoes become soft and tender.
- Then drain the boiled potatoes and cool them. Subsequently peel the cooled potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder, pepper, and cilantro to it. Mash the potatoes until there are no lumps.
- Shape them into flat cutlets, about 2 or 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Coat each cutlet lightly in bread crumbs, and set aside.
- Heat about two tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry potato cutlets in groups until golden brown on both sides. Keep adding oil as per the need. Potato cutlets are ready to be enjoyed.
Chicken Shahi Biryani
Steps to follow:
- 6 cups basmati Rice
- 1 kg Chicken
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 5 Onions (sliced)
- 3 Potatoes (peeled and cut)
- 30 grams Ginger (paste)
- 30 grams Garlic (paste)
- 5 Green Chilies (paste)
- 10 grams Coriander leaves (paste)
- 2 tablespoons All spice powder
- 4 tablespoons Yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons Tomato (Puree/paste)
- 3 tablespoons Red Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 2-3 drops color (orange recommended)
- Marinate chicken with garlic, ginger, coriander, green chili paste, tomato paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, dry garam masala powder, salt and yoghurt. And keep aside for half an hour.
- Semi-cook the basmati rice with salt and sprinkle it with color. Thereafter keep it aside.
- Warm milk. Add a pinch of kesar and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan and deep fry half the onions chopped. After the onions turn golden brown, add all the potatoes.
- Remove the onion and potato from the pan and keep aside.
- Fry the remaining onion in the same oil until they turn slight golden brown. Then add marinated chicken and cook for ten minutes.
- Take a separate utensil. Put some ghee and one tablespoon of oil. Thereafter, add half quantity of semi-cooked rice, all the fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and the kesar mixed milk.
- Then put the cooked chicken on top and subsequently cover it with the remaining semi-cooked rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the fried onions.
- Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another ten minutes.
- The delicious chicken shahi biryani is ready to be served with salad, lemon and papad.
These amazing recipes will not only fetch you lovely compliments but also has several nutritional values too. Prepare them and earn beautiful compliments from your closed ones.