Eid-ul-Fitr brings with itself thousands of reasons to celebrate and rejoice in the glory of Allah. It’s time to meet friends, family and relatives and celebrate and share joy. And nothing’s like the delicious and scrumptious food to treat our self and our loved ones. This festive month try some absolutely marvelous dishes for your friends, families and relatives. For those who wish to prepare some yummy delights but are unsure about the recipe glance through the following lines.
- ½ kg Boneless mutton.
- ½ tbsp cumin
- Coconut paste. (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- Onions. (Finely chopped 1 cup)
- Poppy seed paste. (½ cup)
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6-8 Cloves
- Nutmeg powder
- 6-8 Green elaichi
- Cinnamon sticks
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roast dry cloves, elaichi, jeera, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg powder and then ground them to a fine paste
- Heat some oil in a saucepan
- Put oil in a pan, heat it and fry onions till they turn golden brown
- When onion change to golden brown, add ginger, turmeric powder and the garlic paste
- Add the ground masala, red chili, salt to taste and boneless mutton to the saucepan
- Pour some water and boil till the mutton becomes tender
- Add the paste of poppy seeds and coconut paste along with the roasted coriander powder Boil for another ten minutes. Garnish with coconut paste and serve hot
Pashtooni Zarda Pulao
- 750 gm sella rice
- 200 gm pure ghee
- 200 gm sugar
- 150 gm khoya
- 6 black cardamom
- 6 green cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 gm fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 50 gm cashews
- 50 gm raisins
- 25 gm pistachios
- 25 gm almonds
- 1 gm saffron
- 50 gm raisins
- 1/2 tsp of rose water
- Soak rice in water for 1 hour and drain.
- Mix milk, saffron, rose water and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat 10-15 cups of water in a pan.
- Boil it then add the soaked rice and cook further till the rice is almost 75% t cooked.
- Strain the water from the rice and mix 100g of pure ghee.
- Heat the remaining half of ghee in a pan.
- Add dry fruits and fry till golden-brown.
- Add whole spices and fry for few seconds.
- Add the milk mixture and boil.
- Add the rice , cover it and cook on low flame for 10-12 mins
- Garnish with khoya, nuts
- Serve hot..
- 1.5 kg lamb (boneless)
- 500 ml pure desi ghee
- 150 gms moong dal
- 50 gms chana dal
- 100 gms broken wheat
- 10 gms green cardamom
- 50 gms garlic paste
- 30 gms green chilly paste
- 10 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 gm saffron
- 10 gms turmeric powder
- 5 gms mace
- 10 gms green cardamom
- 150 gms onion fried
- 3-4 liter lamb stock
- Salt upto taste
- Wash and soak all the dals and broken wheat together for 2 hours.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add ghee to temper it with whole spices - cloves, bay leaf and green cardamom.
- When the spices start crackling
- Add the grated ginger and garlic paste till the colour turns brown.
- Add the lamb along with all the powdered spices saffron,turmeric powder.
- Add green chilli paste.
- Cook until it is half done and then add fried onions.
- Drain the water from the lentils and add it to the lamb.
- Add lamb stock.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let it cook until lamb gets tender and mixes with the lentils and becomes thick in consistency.
- Check for the seasoning and serve with the choice of breads.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Chicken pieces - 3/4 kg
- Onion - 3 large, sliced
- Yoghurt - 1 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Green chili paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
- Red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder (roasted) - 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Saffron - a pinch
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Green coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Water - 3 1/2 cups
- Oil - 7 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix tomato puree, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Take the chicken and marinade it in the same mixture. Set aside for 3-4 hours.
- Put oil in a pan, heat it and fry onions till they turn golden brown.
- Add marinated chicken and cook the entire mixture for 10 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, take the rice and add three and a half cups of water.
- Add saffron to the milk and add to the rice.
- Finally, add the cardamom powder and the cooked chicken pieces
- Mix all the ingredients gently, cover with the cooker lid and pressure cook until 1 whistle.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.
- 500 gm Boneless chicken pieces
- 50 gm Dry ginger powder
- 50 gm Garlic ginger paste
- 4 Onions (chopped)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup mint leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- Heat oil add onion and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chicken pieces.
- Sauté for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, chili powder, salt to taste.
- Cook for 3 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot.
- 1/2 kg Beef/Mutton/Chicken mIce.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp crched red chilli.
- 1 tbsp zera powder.
- 1/2 tsp all spIce.
- 2 tbsp chop green Coriander.
- 5,6 green chili.
- 1 boiled and chop egg.
- 1 tsp dry dhania powder.
- Egg half.
- 2 fine chop onion.
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste.
- 2 tbsp gram flour.
- Tomato as required.
- Oil for frying.
- Mix all thing in mice.
- Put it half hour to rest.
- Give shape to kabab and fry it.
- Remember heat of stove is normal.
- Garnish it with tomato.
- Mutton – 1 kg
- Yoghurt – 1 kg
- Kalonji, nigella seeds – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 4-5
- Ghee/Oil – 4-5 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Red Chili Powder - to taste
- Fresh Coriander - to garnish
- Cut onion in slices. Achari Gosht
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the onion and fry until light brown.
- Put in yogurt and meat and let it simmer till meat becomes tender.
- Put in salt, kalonji, chili, and turmeric powder.
- Cook for sometime on high flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- 450 gms Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup plain Yogurt
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 White Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Saute shallot and onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 1-teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Cook it for 1 minute.
- Then add tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes, stir it frequently. Stir in cream and yogurt.
- Reduce heat to low.Now again heat it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season it with salt pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken until it turns lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and season with 1-teaspoon garam masala and cayenne.
- Stir in a few spoonfuls of sauce, and simmer until liquid has reduced, and chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir cooked chicken into sauce.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, and then stir into the sauce.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Dates and Walnut Kheer
- 1 liter milk
- 1/2 kg dates (de-seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp oats
- 4 Tbsp roasted almonds (chopped)
- 300 ml fresh cream
- 2 cups water
- Add dates with water in a non stick pan and cook on a low flame till the dates turn soft.
- Let it cool.
- Then using a blender make a fine paste
- Add 100 ml milk to the mixture.
- Heat the remaining milk in another pan and cook it on low flame.
- Add sugar and the date paste and mix well.
- Add oats and half the quantity of crushed walnut and almond
- Bring to a boil.
- Cool the mixture and refrigerate it.
- While serving add cream and garnish with remaining nuts.
- Sewaiyan 1/2 Kilogram (vermicelli)
- Khoya 1/2 Kilogram (made from milk)
- Sugar 900 Gram
- Cardamoms 25 , powdered
- Milk 300 Gram (1 Glass)
- Pure ghee 250 Gram
- Mix chopped dry fruit 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Water 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs), 1 1/2 glass - to prepare sugar syrup /chashni
- First heat ghee in a pan add crushed sewainyan ( varmicelies) in it and fry it low flame, after few minutes add chopped dry fruits in it and fry it more minutes
- Remove pan from flame.
- Now Khoya sorte in low flame for few minutes in another pan and add in the sewaiyan.
- Prepare sugar syrup ( add water in sugar and cook it) in another pan.
- Now add milk in fried sewaiyan and put it on low flame for 5-7 min.
- And the end add sugar syrup in sewainyan and keep it low flame 5-7 min.
- Now the dish is ready,serve it garnish with chopped dry fruit
Eid-Ul-Fitr's essence lies in sharing love, food and respect with each other. We have provided you with the best Eid-ul-Fitr recipes. Easy to prepare and yummy to taste, treat people you love with these delicacies. They deserve it for all the love they shower on you.