"Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out values all the utilities of the world"
by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mother's Day flowers need to be more special, for the day is observed as a kind of tribute to motherhood.
Mother's Day Carnations have been a part of Mother's Day tradition since 1906, when Anna Jarvis promoted the wearing of her mother's favorite flower, white carnation.
Most popular Mother's Day flower arrangements include PINK CARNATIONS which are given to mothers to represent the children's love for them.
Different meanings are associated with the flowers.
- WHITE CARNATIONS are worn in the remembrance of those mothers who are dead.
- While RED CARNATION is used as an official flower to symbolize the day.
- Flower 'ASTER' represents patience
- 'GLADIOLUS' symbolizes strength of character
- 'BOUVARDIA' stands for enthusiasm
- 'HYACINTH' represents constancy and 'rose' for love.
- All these flowers combined together can make a wonderful Mother's Day flower bouquet.
- Flower decorations around the house with tulips and scintillating flower centerpieces provide a refreshing look on the occasion of Mother's Day. Thus, make the event more cherished with these beautiful Mother's Day flowers.