"Now let the heavens be joyful, Let earth her song begin:
Let the round world keep triumph,
And all that is therein;
Invisible and visible,
Their notes let all things blend,
For Christ the Lord is risen
Our joy that hath no end."
~ John of Damascus
Easter is the celebration of the triumph of life over death.
- Dedicated to the honor of Christ, the festival of Easter is celebrated in a grand manner. In Christendom it is believed that Christ on the day of Easter rose from his tomb and conquered over death.
- Jesus suffered for the sins of the world and was crucified and laid in the tomb.
- But the divine savior of Humanity rose again to show mankind the true pathway of life. And thatís probably the reason all who believe in him become one with him and share in the glory of his resurrection.
- Easter it is a great festival to the Christians all across the globe and it calls for big party time celebration. Every nation has its own way of celebrating a particular festivity. So, settle in and glean some insights on Easter in USA. In the United States of America, The festival of Easter is commemorated with fervor and gaiety.
- As a part of Easter traditions in the US, sunrise services are held and the prime motive is to include various Christian religious groups in this event. On Easter Sunday kids wake up to find that the Easter Bunny has left baskets stuffed to the brim Easter candies.
- A must play Easter game for American kids is Easter egg hunt. Children hunt for the eggs all around the house. The kid who finds the most number of eggs gets a special prize too.
- Another popular festive activity is Easter Egg Roll. Easter egg roll is played often on flat ground, pushed along with a spoon. The kid who can roll an egg the greatest distance or can make the roll without breaking it receives amazing treats.
- Maybe the most famous egg rolling in the US takes place on the White House Lawn. Hundreds of children come with baskets filled with brightly decorated eggs and roll them down the famous lawn.
- Easter in USA is unthinkable without Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Though Mardi Gras is celebrated all across the globe but no city does it like New Orleans!!!
- In New Orleans it is a trend of conducting an annual Easter carnival called 'Mardi Gras'. Easter in New Orleans is fun, vibrant, sarcastic, and sassy. Mardi Gras in New Orleans features lot of fun activities like parades, dazzling costumes, jazz music bands and a great ball.
Easter Cards in Different Languages