"In religion, India is the only millionaire - the One land that all men desire to see, and having seen once, by even a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for all the shows of all the rest of the globe combined" by famous American writer Mark Twain aptly describes the multi ethnic diversity of India.Since time immemorial the ancient land of India has paid due respect and honor to every religion and still even today continues to create a peaceful religious harmony among all castes and creeds.
Like other festivals, Easter in India is observed with great religious solemnization in different parts of the country. Easter celebrations in India are looked forward as a springtime festival.
- Since India is home to many rich cultures and traditions, each festival is celebrated with huge fanfare. Easter customs in India begins with Lent and ends with Easter Sunday.
- Other religious activities takes place on Shrove Tuesday where simnel cakes, pancake cakes are prepared with many devout Christians attending the church services on this day to confess their sins and forgiven.
- However the major Easter festive activities in India takes place on Good Friday with huge number of Christians gathering at churches where congregations take place, passion plays are held and people exchange Easter wishes to each other.
- Some of the prominent Easter events that take place in India are the wonderful carnivals in the state of Goa where street plays, songs, dances are staged and this gala function continues for a week or two.
- Easter gifts and presents like chocolate cake, flowers and colorful lanterns are exchanged among ones friends and families.
- Popular Easter holiday destinations in India are the exotic beaches of Goa, the striking backwaters of Kerala and the marvelous architectural landmarks of Andhra Pradesh.
Easter Cards in Different Languages