Anniversary is an important occasion for those who are happily married. So, have you decided how are you going to make it special? If you are planning a big and lavish party to celebrate this special day, then make sure that you dont forget special anniversary cakes. The entire celebration will remain incomplete without the presence of some delightful cakes. So, if you are interested in knowing some wonderful and attractive anniversary cake ideas, then just have a look.
Anniversary Cake Ideas
Have a look at some of the anniversary cake ideas that will help you in making the right choice
Flavour of the Cake
It is for sure that you want a relishing and yummy cake for the anniversary. Isnt it? If it is true then first and foremost decide what would be the flavour of the cake that you are planning for the special day. The flavor should be a universally liked flavor, like Chocolate, Vanilla or Red Velvet cake
Egg Based/Egg less cakes
If you are organizing a small get together for your parents' anniversary, a cake with reduced sugar can also be a good dietary option. You can even choose an egg based or egg less cake as well. Fruitcake would also be a good option.
Decoration of the Anniversary cakes
Once the flavor of the anniversary cake is decided, start planning how you will decorate your cake. Anniversary cake decorations will make the cake look yummy and attract your guests. Cake icing can also be affixed in flavors like vanilla, chocolate and other mouth watering flavors.
Shape of the Cake
One more wonderful idea is that you can get your anniversary cake designed in the form of the numbers that signify the year of your anniversary. You will get specially designed anniversary candles that will make your cake look more attractive and beautiful.
If you want to decorate your anniversary cake in an appealing way and give it a unique look, you can write the name of the couple on the cake.
Homemade Anniversary Cake
Nothing can actually be more wonderful than preparing a cake at home and gifting it to your partner.
Here is simple recipe of anniversary cake; just check it out
Anniversary Fruit Cake :
- All purpose Flour 250 grams
- Powdered Sugar 250 grams
- Mixed Fruit Jam 2 tablespoons
- Mixed Fruit 250 grams
- Egg whites
- Baking Powder half teaspoon
- Butter 250 grams
- Caramel color 2 teaspoons
- Firstly, beat the egg whites properly and keep it aside.
- Now mix the butter with the powdered sugar.
- Thoroughly, mix the fruits and baking powder to the flour.
- Next, add the jam to the butter mixture and add the caramel color to it.
- Combine all these mixtures together and bake it for around 1 hour at a temperature of 180 degree Celsius.
Anniversary Chocolate Cake:
- 4 sq. (4 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs and chocolate.
- Add flour alternately with vanilla and milk mixture.
- Add nuts. Bake in two 9 inch square pans in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or in three 9 inch round pans for 25 minutes.
- Frost with recipe below.
1/4 c. butter
- 2 sq. (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. chopped nuts
Melt butter and chocolate together. Add egg, salt, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and nuts.
Decide on a delicious anniversary cake and make your anniversary a memorable one.
Anniversary Related Links
Last Updated: 10th August, 2017