Hanukkah also known as the 'festival of lights' is the annual Jewish festival celebrated for consecutive eight days and eight nights. It starts on the 25th day of Kislev, the third month of the Jewish calendar and the months of November and December of the English Calendar. The festival of Hanukkah is significant as it is celebrated to commemorate the rededication of the holy temple in Jerusalem after the victory of the Jews over the Hellenist Syrians in 165 BCE.
Given below is a whole new range of decoration ideas and some assortment that can be used to add a spark to the Hanukkah Parties held in homes, offices and elsewhere.
- Rose or mixed flower strings can be hung on front doors, balconies, railings, and mantle to greet the visitors or to add to the décor of the home.Fresh flower arrangements can serve to be the best option as centerpiece and decorations for table tops.
- With the growing popularity of party themes it would be great to arrange your party keeping a party theme.
- Party hats and masks decorated with multi-colored sequins, ribbons and laces can lend your party a sparkling look in a matter of few moments.
- Gold and silver stars, wind-chimes, heart-shaped balloons, colored snow flakes, confetti decorations, bell-decorations, fringe horns, party poppers and other types of colorful pieces can set your party in a variety of mood.
- Inflatable vinyl champagne bottles decorated with colored streamers can add to the décor of the party table and the intoxicating drink served in slender transparent glasses can warm up the whole atmosphere of the Hanukkah Party.
- Another innovative idea of decoration can be to write out the "fortunes" on small slips of colored paper and to pop into each balloon.